Fascinate Software Update June 13

broderp

Reaction score
apparently, what they were talking about was the 2.2.2/EDO5/2.6.32.9 kernel. i got my "new" phone monday afternoon and the first thing i did was check for an update. the one that came up was the same one that killed my phone. I ran it again anyway and it worked fine. the phone runs crisp with no lagging between home screens or button pushes. the gps locks on like grease lightning.

from what i have read the EDO5 update has been out for a couple of weeks. maybe the people with the company didn't know it was out yet? doesn't matter to me. my phone is up to date with a properly working gps. that is all i wanted anyway. i have never had any of the missed calls/message issues like others have claimed with my two previous fascinates.

i checked for an update for my wife's droid x and installed it like an idiot. it screwed her phone up too. hers rebooted but was plagued by home screen and widget issues. after clearing her chache a few times from the boot menu and doing a factory reset it seems to be working fine. I like the Gingerbread. I hope it comes to the fascinate.

I think so too. I had to manually evoke the update. It went smooth.

I'm sad cause I thought it was going to be the 2.3 update everyone has been talking about. But it seems that we may never get it as I read the Facinate is now slated to be or is a discontinued phone. I doubt they would dump resources on an 'old' model, especially with the newer models coming out soon as well.

BTW, anyone have a link to what was changed in the update? All I noticed was my home screen defaulted bake to like 7 screens (I had it at 3 for my needs) and I see my programs listed under applications are now all jumbled up. I also see an app called 'Books'. I dont recall seeing it there before.

DonA

Reaction score
I have had my Fascinate for about 7 months now. Initially, it worked well but after 2 software updates, my problems began and then got worse. The typical missed call, no notification of missed call, late voice mails, etc. Running slow, short battery life.

Working with Verizon tech support (top tier), he (John) basically rebuilt my network image because my phone was not authenicating correctly, forced the 2.2 software upgrade and since then, I have not had a single problem. No missed calls, phone is fast, no lock ups, and battery life has dramatically increased. So, as of now, I am a very happy Fascinate user. I was scheduled to have it replaced with a 'Charge', but John asked if I would work with him to see if he could fix my problems. I don't know if John has special tools, the latest software really works, or whatever, but as of right now, my Fascinate works better than it did when new.

Don

Last edited:

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Wow, i really think the right people can do more than the other 95% of the techs can. I had to call 3 or 4 times before I got a tech who fixed my 3g.

Sent from my MIUI' ed fascinate