1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Fascinate: Rooted, Lagfix and Quardrant

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by DJORDAN, Sep 14, 2010.

1. DJORDAN

DJORDAN New Member

Fascinate: Rooted, Lagfix and Quardrant Score

Rooted and LagFix
    Love this phone!!!! Rooted and applied Lagfix and Quadrant is 2k and above up to 2300 Bing has been bonged, maybe it's not a word but you know what I mean and Google Search rules this phone. DAME THIS PHONE IS FAST!!!. Own rooted D1 and tried DX and D2 and returned them both days later. Wife hates it because the phone is forever in my hands. Well, love her but all I can say is, "Honey it's not going back!"
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

So that is with Android 2.1? Wow. No JIT Compiler and you have those scores... I'm definitely in utter awe! :)
  3. DJORDAN

DJORDAN New Member

Yes, this is with 2.1 and I too was surprised by score with no overclocker. Can't wait to see what Froyo will do with this phone.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Froyo and JIT will make an improvement, but keep in mind folks, Quadrant scores aren't a tell all measure of true performance, it's just a benchmark.
  5. DJORDAN

DJORDAN New Member

A True Performer

Well, new to rooting phones; not me. This phone at this point: Rooted and Lagfix is moving like my Laptop and it in it self, is not a cheap one.
  6. Martin030908

It's definitely impressive getting those number with 2.1

2.2 will only make it faster :)
  7. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

That is definitely true, but those numbers are high enough where it would warrant an obvious perceived improvement of general uaage as well. From what everyone is aaying who did the lagfix, the phone truly does fly and is probably the quickest device on the market. How it is getting that kind of performance is beyond me though.

OP, can u do a linpack run? I appreciate it :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I got 7.569 on linpack.
  9. Martin030908

That kind of performance on 2.1 boggles my mind as well.

Enjoy it though!
  10. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

Well, that is right on par woth the other ARM phones @ 1ghz without JIT. I wonder if it the the graphics component of quadrant that is bumping the s ore up so high? Im gonna see what GPU it has.

11. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

I was correct. The Galaxy S phones use the PowerVR SGX540 GPU while the Droid, Droid 2 and Droid X use the PowerVR SGX530. Even the iPhone 3gs has a more powerful phone than the Droid X with its PowerVR SGX535.

Basically, the Fascinate can do 90 million triangles a second while the Droid can only do 7 million triangles a second. That is of course a stock Droid with its CPU and GPU running at slower speeds that the Droid X, but I would say the Fascinate is still 3-5 times more powerful than the Droid X when it comes to GPU horsepower.

The LG and Samsung phones due out in Q4 of 2010/Q1 of 2011 are going to be dual-core CPU with a better GPU and will have EQUAL power of the PS3 at around 300 million triangles a second.

12. DJORDAN

DJORDAN New Member

Here's the Linpack. The rooting instructions and lagfix came from the forum.
  13. stanrc

stanrc New Member

How are you scoring so high? I only got 7. I'm rooted and did the lagfix as well.
  14. DJORDAN

DJORDAN New Member

Just Don't Know To Think

I would agree with it being something to do with the graphics chip also. Hell I want to get to the bottom of this as well cause I don"t understand it myself, so to explain this I can't. I rooted the phone and simply installed the Lagfix only and from there, it is what it is. We're all brothers and sisters on this site trying to help each other when we can, not lie and cheat.
  15. Martin030908

It is the graphics chip. Quadrant bases a lot of it's score off of graphics, and the triangles the Fascinate can handle is at the top of the heap of what's available right now.

As for Linpack, my D1 Oc'd to 1ghz scores around 13.85mflps
  16. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I just find it curious that the exact same phone with the only difference being the apps installed would have such a variance.
  17. 713King

713King New Member

If you root how do you unroot in case anything happens.
  18. DHGroove

DHGroove New Member

I just got moist.:shocked: Definitely picking this sucka up this weekend.
  19. tobytl

tobytl New Member

Just to clarify. The insane quadrant scores are coming from the lagfix. It creates a virtual file system, which in this case means most of the second to second io events never hit the underlying file system, apart from raw read/write. This will make the phone score higher, and indeed feel faster. But, Quadrant currently gives too much weight to IO scores for their tests, they weren't built for it. It's like measuring contrast ratio on a true OLED screen, the blacks are so black, the numbers become meaningless, or mathematically impossible in some cases (yay division by zero). The tests just weren't meant to measure that.

Take a look at the green section of the first two quadrant graphs, that's your IO score.

Sentiment is correct, facts are well... The iPhone 3GS had basically the same SoC as the droid 1. More or less untouched Cortex A8 CPU, PowerVR SGX 530 GPU. Apple didn't start using the SGX 535 until the A4 SoC (iPad/iPhone4).

Triangles/s are nearly meaningless. 1) the numbers aren't even being measured the same way. To bring them in line, it's more like ~80Mt/s for the 540, and ~14Mt/s for the 530. 2) there's more to overall performance than just triangles. I/O, shading, PP, etc. When all is said and done, real world performance is much closer (though still a blow out). The 540 is 1.5x-2x faster than the 530 in 3D. The chip itself has further potential, but you start hitting bandwidth walls fairly quickly. I'll post some DX quadrant screens shortly, they will absolutely pale in comparison to these, but it'll give a graphics performance baseline.
  20. luv2increase

luv2increase New Member

Thank you for that post. I wonder if anything like the lagfix could be implemented on the Droid X?

Search tags for this page
how+to+create+a+partition+on+rooted fascinate
lagfix

samsung fascinate tweaks

tweaks for samsung fascinate