fascinate only loads recovery

freeformlaw

Reaction score
I flashed a it kernel last night and forgot to disable voodoo and now I can't get it to load anything other hen recovery and download mode. I did an Odin restore and all and nothing worked and I used my girlfriends phone to make a nandroid file and we swapped SD cards and I loaded the recovery flashed the restore and nothing has worked it only loads recovery mode

Thanks for helping guys

mrdroid

Reaction score
Re-flash the voodoo kernal, boot up, disable voodoo, flash normal kernal, forget voodoo ever existed because it sucks anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S

OP
F

freeformlaw

Reaction score
i have the stock right now yes i used the update.zip clockwork file to flash a voodoo kernel from my girlfriends phone and nothing it still goes into recovery every time

OP
F

freeformlaw

Reaction score
nope nothing i tried that at first. So thats why i am still working with the update.zip file for cwm

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

mrdroid

Reaction score
Yea. You need to convert the file system back to the stock file system type; which I believe has to be done while the voodoo kernel. I was going to check out those links and point out what exactly you should probably do but I'm still banned from xda lol.

OP
F

freeformlaw

Reaction score
okay guys it says that i have to take out the battery and plug the phone in and replace the battery while holding the vol. up and that will get me into cwm and...ummm...yeah im lost it just takes me to recovery.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If something has replaced the custom recovery image with stock then you're probably out of luck.

A tech in the store might be able to flash the stock software back onto your device. I don't know how it works with Samsung phones, though. There may not be an uber recovery device like with the HTC and Motorola devices.

OP
F

freeformlaw

Reaction score
okay so what i have is the udate.zip recovery from inside the stock like it was from the start so i am sol unless i can some how find the file that i can flash the perm recovery to

OP
F

freeformlaw

Reaction score
okay got the voodoo5 recovery with the red lettering on the phone again it loads the clockwork mod recovery when i hold the vol. up and such but i do adb devices and it does not show up can any one help me a little more thank you so much so far guys.