Fascinate Now or wait?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by u7mg0, Nov 3, 2010.

1. u7mg0

u7mg0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Droid 1 and like it. really excited to upgrade to the SF. i have a few questions please
    1) does it have a camera on the front? the guy at the Verizon kiosk said yes, but i have not seen a mention of it. if it doesn't which others do? wait for Iphone 4?
    2) will it be able to use 4G in January? is this a software thing or must the phone hardware be able able to support it? are the current SF 4G?
    3) since 2.2 is not out yet, shoudl i wait for it to come with it or is the OTA update ok?

i really want the phone, but dont want to get it and then the above will not be supported. thanks for you help

2. GolfProRM

GolfProRM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Pretty sure there's no front camera on the Fascinate. Don't think any current VZW models do, although there are a bunch coming out in the next few weeks that might.

2) No - LTE (4G) is a completely different network structure that requires a different radio chip. Also, depending on where you live, you may or may not see LTE for a couple years.

3) There shouldn't be anything wrong with the 2.2 update when it comes out. In reality, it'll probably be several weeks after the update rolls out before phones start coming with it preloaded - most will update once they're activated.

3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    No front camera. 4G will first start with USB internet cards..phones will be a lil later. Everything else the above post says is correct as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

4. Jamis0n

Jamis0n Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Now... So you can see why we love this device in our pockets!

Swyped!

5. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go for it this phone is amazing.

6. u7mg0

u7mg0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    4G will first start with USB internet cards..phones will be a lil later.

im sorry, i dont understand this. so it is hardware related and i should wait till 4G phones come out?

7. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,077
    Unless you know for sure LTE is coming to your area soon don't wait. It won't be nation wide for at least 2 more years. If you know for sure it's coming soon to you there still aren't any LTE capable phones yet
    The Fascinate is a very nice phone with a lot of capability. Other than some minor stuff improved there isn't anything in the near future coming out to blow it away, next year maybe but not now

wified from a monolith using a slider