Fascinate in Late summer/Early Fall?

dansamy

Reaction score
Bear in mind that the Verizon version will be M$-ified with Bing search and maps. They may not be removable until after the phone is rooted. (If it is able to be rooted.) At this point, the speculation is that you will be able to use google search and maps and "hide" Bing and whatever other VZW bloatware they stuff onto the phone.

When this phone releases, I am going to look closely at it and at the X and decide what I really want to buy. Either way, my husband is gonna shoot me for spending more $$ on a phone, much less one that I "don't need".

smilepak

Reaction score
Bear in mind that the Verizon version will be M$-ified with Bing search and maps. They may not be removable until after the phone is rooted. (If it is able to be rooted.) At this point, the speculation is that you will be able to use google search and maps and "hide" Bing and whatever other VZW bloatware they stuff onto the phone.

When this phone releases, I am going to look closely at it and at the X and decide what I really want to buy. Either way, my husband is gonna shoot me for spending more $$ on a phone, much less one that I "don't need".

If you put this and the X side by side, the feel of it in your palm is more sturdy. 4.3" vs 4" does make a difference.

Yea, the bing stuff doesn't bother me. As long as I can get Google Map / Nav working in there is good enough.

I wonder if they have a car mount kit?

Laramie

Reaction score
If this has good screen brightness outdoors, and without the speaker volume problem reported on the Droid X, this should be a great phone.

I was going to get the X, but I think i'll wait so I don't have buyers remorse in a month or two.

lonzom10

Reaction score
I was planning to purchase the X as well but I stumbled upon an article about the Fascinate a couple of days before the X launch and decided the SF was the phone I wanted. Now if VZ would just give us a release date... I would be much happier!

Arrpee

Reaction score
I was waiting for the fascinate then the day the X was released i said screw it and went out and bought it that day. But im very happy with my decision on getting this over the fascinate. After thinking more into it, i wouldn't have liked the touchwiz overlay. But to each their own.

lonzom10

Reaction score
I was waiting for the fascinate then the day the X was released i said screw it and went out and bought it that day. But im very happy with my decision on getting this over the fascinate. After thinking more into it, i wouldn't have liked the touchwiz overlay. But to each their own.

I looked at the X too and have tinkered with one of the guys in the office here at work. It's a nice phone but just to large my tastes. I cant wait for them to the launch the SF but I must say, the new D2 looks very nice as well. I may have to give it a look at launch time.

Arrpee

Reaction score

I looked at the X too and have tinkered with one of the guys in the office here at work. It's a nice phone but just to large my tastes. I cant wait for them to the launch the SF but I must say, the new D2 looks very nice as well. I may have to give it a look at launch time.

Yeah the droid 2 is looking really nice. I myself got use to the size of the x an personally love it. But like i said before to each their own.

lonzom10

Reaction score
I must say... This is extremely frustrating! I've been holding out on Android phones since their initial launch as I was skeptical of their potential success and satisfied with my BB. I do like and own several Apple products so my wife and I decided to give the iPhone 4 a go. While I must say the phone itself and it's ease of use were great, in the end we had to return it because the coverage in our area was TERRIBLE! After that I was ready to give Android and the DX a try but I came across an article about the Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) a few days prior to the DX release and decided that the SF was the phone for me. Now I'm all ready to jump on the Android wagon and am stuck waiting for my phone to be released. I cant think of any "Good" reason for VZ to delay the launch other than for their own selfish ones. A possible 1 - 2 month delay on a phone that is already available on every other major network in the US or at least has a release date set is unacceptable. I've vented my frustration to the folks at VZ but I'm just a little ant in the colony... what good will that really do. Here's hoping to sooner rather than later...

bizzshow

Reaction score
I too am angry about the delay but I know its to give the d2 some breathing room. Because I have no doubt this wouldn't eat into their sales. I'm almost done waiting come on epic

smilepak

Reaction score
They spent a lot of money advertising and promoting the "Droid" series phone. FOr them them to release the fascinate now would not be a good idea

bizzshow

Reaction score
Well should have seen this coming after they did it to the pre+ and s2. But I see it like this release the thing if it bites into sales of the d2 oh well moto should have made a better device instead of going iPhone like small refresh. I understand they spent alot of money marketing the droid name still haven't seen anything for the d2 but a sale is a sale. You may loose customers that want this device that will soon be on 3 major carriers

N

nanllyn

Droid Pro or Samsung Fascinate?

I know the Pro is still speculation and is a possibility it may not come out at all. But I like the 4.3 size screen. But the Samsung Fascinate sounds good also. But if the specs of the Droid Pro are correct. I think this sounds like a more advanced and better phone.
What do you guys think?

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
I know the Pro is still speculation and is a possibility it may not come out at all. But I like the 4.3 size screen. But the Samsung Fascinate sounds good also. But if the specs of the Droid Pro are correct. I think this sounds like a more advanced and better phone.
What do you guys think?

I think the Droid Pro is going a little overboard on the specs if you ask me. The only app on the market that I have came across that needs a powerful processor is the PSX4Droid but even at that, the program itself is really unoptimized compared to the FPSEce thats for WinMo devices that runs almost full speed on the original Samsung Omnia.

After going to a birthday party tonight and all the guys and girls comparing their smartphones, one person had the ATT Captivate and boy oh boy was I envious of his phone. The form factor was very reminiscent of the iPod Touch and screen was so nice, vibrant and clear compared to the DX and D1. Lastly, the phone flew with no hiccups or stutters even on the Touch Wiz interface and really shined on the Launcher Pro interface as well. There was no delay in opening apps but that may be from the phone being rooted and community fixes were applied but all in all, the phone is so much better than anything Moto or HTC has came out with. Kind of put my Droid with UD6.0 to shame.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

The Verizon roadmap was released and it stated that the Droid Pro will be released some time on November with a 1.3 ghz processor and 4 inch screen. I need to wait and see if the Pro will come with Gingerbread or not, what the software is like, how the phone feels, ect. before i decide. Right now the fascinate looks great with the super amoled screen and it also has a 4 inch touch screen. The hummingbird processor is also supposedly better than the omap. I very well might get the fascinate.

smilepak

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

The Verizon roadmap was released and it stated that the Droid Pro will be released some time on November with a 1.3 ghz processor and 4 inch screen. I need to wait and see if the Pro will come with Gingerbread or not, what the software is like, how the phone feels, ect. before i decide. Right now the fascinate looks great with the super amoled screen and it also has a 4 inch touch screen. The hummingbird processor is also supposedly better than the omap. I very well might get the fascinate.

Hmm. That sound promising. I am up for renewal from the droid. Would lo e to see more of droid pro. I hope they improve screen resolution to be more competitive to iPhone 4