Fascinate in Late summer/Early Fall?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by spacesearcher, Jul 14, 2010.

1. spacesearcher

spacesearcher New Member

I was hoping for a sooner date but according to this it sounds like we are going to have to wait. Is it worth it?

here is the link to the article:

Samsung Fascinate still coming to Verizon, but not for awhile – Android and Me
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

So many Android phones to choose from. I can't keep up with them all.
  3. spacesearcher

spacesearcher New Member

Thats why I'm wondering if its worth it. There's always the Droid X or 2 coming out before this one. I'm currently smartphone-less so I'm really feeling the urge to just buy what is currently available instead of waiting months for the next phone.
  4. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I was really considering this phone, especially if it was $350 off contract like the Vibrant and Captive. Real steal for such a high-end smartphone. :icon_ banana:
  5. spacesearcher

spacesearcher New Member

I just played with the Vibrant int the T Mobile store today and decided I can wait for Verizon's version. esp after finding out how locked down the droid x/2 is.
  6. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

If their really waiting that late to push this phone out I will be pissed. But I wouldn't doubt it seems like their really pushing that connection with Motorola.but at the end of the day they will shoot this Phone in the foot and to me its a better phone than both of the Motorola's launching smaller than the x no keyboard and more powerful than them both
  7. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

twelve more Droid devices are coming to VZW this year...D2 and Fascinate are only two,,,,,,,,,,I can't wait to see what the future Brings
  8. corbintechboy

corbintechboy New Member

I pulled the trigger on a Samsung Omnia 2. The hardware is good but the OS is horrible!

Within my 30 day worry free guarantee and had hardware issues and it is going back. If I can handle the Curve 2 (had one here) until the release of the Fascinate (and thats a BIG IF), I will be getting the Samsung.

Feel like I am being punished with the Curve...LOL.... Need...to....wait....just....a....little....longer!

Hope I don't get the bug and pull the trigger on something else before then.
  9. smilepak

smilepak New Member

I doubt the Fascinate will come anytime soon. That will kill the sales of the Motorola Droid X that Verizon been heavily promoting. Unless they plan to NERF the Fascinate. Which they did to the original Samsung Omina. When it came to Verizon, they NERF the Omnia in comparison to the GSM version.

:(
  10. dansamy

dansamy New Member

I'll place my bet for Fri, Sep 24th at the earliest. If we get lucky, maybe the 17th.
  11. smilepak

smilepak New Member

If we are lucky, I would say Oct - Dec
  12. dansamy

dansamy New Member

Think they'll push it out to late fall/early winter? That's ok if they do, I don't come up for new every 2 until the middle of October. I bought an Eris secondhand to use until I decide which new phone I want to plunk down $$ on.
  13. Eli

Eli New Member

According to insider over at phandroid, Fascinate is currently in testing and should be released in ~5-7 weeks.
  14. dansamy

dansamy New Member

7 weeks would put it ~Sept 17.
  15. spacesearcher

spacesearcher New Member

I think I can wait that long. After playing with the Vibrant at T-Mobile I knew I wanted this phone.
  16. dansamy

dansamy New Member

Bear in mind that the Verizon version will be M$-ified with Bing search and maps. They may not be removable until after the phone is rooted. (If it is able to be rooted.) At this point, the speculation is that you will be able to use google search and maps and "hide" Bing and whatever other VZW bloatware they stuff onto the phone.

When this phone releases, I am going to look closely at it and at the X and decide what I really want to buy. Either way, my husband is gonna shoot me for spending more $$ on a phone, much less one that I "don't need".
  17. smilepak

smilepak New Member

If you put this and the X side by side, the feel of it in your palm is more sturdy. 4.3" vs 4" does make a difference.

Yea, the bing stuff doesn't bother me. As long as I can get Google Map / Nav working in there is good enough.

I wonder if they have a car mount kit?
  18. Laramie

Laramie New Member

If this has good screen brightness outdoors, and without the speaker volume problem reported on the Droid X, this should be a great phone.

I was going to get the X, but I think i'll wait so I don't have buyers remorse in a month or two.
  19. lonzom10

lonzom10 New Member

I was planning to purchase the X as well but I stumbled upon an article about the Fascinate a couple of days before the X launch and decided the SF was the phone I wanted. Now if VZ would just give us a release date... I would be much happier!
  20. Arrpee

Arrpee New Member

I was waiting for the fascinate then the day the X was released i said screw it and went out and bought it that day. But im very happy with my decision on getting this over the fascinate. After thinking more into it, i wouldn't have liked the touchwiz overlay. But to each their own.