Fascinate freeze issue

Baksoc

Reaction score
So every couple of days my phone freezes. Waiting does nothing but make it super hot. I have to take the battery out to do a soft reset and that seems to work for a couple of days then the issue starts again. Anyone have any ideas or solutions? Thanks!!

Ilovedroid

Reaction score
I'd say go to the verizon store, they will help you out.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
More information is needed. For starters: do you have a task killer? How often do you power cycle the phone? Do you use the home key or back key to exit applications? Any anti-virus apps? How many screens/widgets are you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
Baksoc

Baksoc

Reaction score
More information is needed. For starters: do you have a task killer? How often do you power cycle the phone? Do you use the home key or back key to exit applications? Any anti-virus apps? How many screens/widgets are you using?

I use the task killer that wa built in with the phone. Typically once our twice a day. (after internet usage) I turn the phone off every day or every other day. I typically use the back function unless I'm on the internet with the intent to go back to the page, then I use the home key. No anti virus (you can get that???) And 6 screens, one blank, one for internet, main with time. One news and weather brief, one with favorite contacts and one facebook

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok. How long has this issue been going on? Users using the home key too much is the culprit alot of the time with freezing issues. Well, that and 3rd party task killers. Yes you can get anti-virus apps but they cause problems too so they are not recommended. Never really heard of someone getting a "virus" here anyway. An app conflict is usually mistaken for a virus.

I use the task killer that wa built in with the phone. Typically once our twice a day. (after internet usage) I turn the phone off every day or every other day. I typically use the back function unless I'm on the internet with the intent to go back to the page, then I use the home key. No anti virus (you can get that???) And 6 screens, one blank, one for internet, main with time. One news and weather brief, one with favorite contacts and one facebook

fluidj

Reaction score
I'd try just not messing with the Task Manager for a good week. You'd be surprised how well this phone performs when you just let it do what it does in the background. Coming off of WinMo I was a Task Killing FIEND for the first week or so....then I realized that it just wasn't necessary on Android at all.