Fascinate, DRM Notification, Reboots, Freezes

dkupper76

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Samsung Fascinate, that I have had for about 5 months. I have loved it, until Verizon and Samsung pushed out the latest update.

After the latest update installed, I started getting “DRM Notification License Required,” which would then either lock my phone up or cause my phone to reboot. When my phone locks the only way to clear it, was to remove the battery, reinstall, and turn back on.

I called Verizon Customer Service, who first had me reset my phone to factory defaults, which did not solve the problem. The next call to VZW customer service, they had me format my SD Card, still did not solve my problem. Then the next call they put me online with Samsung Tech Support who said to either go to a VZW store and have them flash the OS, or to send the phone into Samsung for them to test and repair. I took my phone into the store, they flashed it, but now I get both the DRM Notification, and sometimes without the notification the phone reboots or locks up.

VZW said that I don’t have warranty with them, because I got the phone from a friend. Samsung warranty is still good, but they want to repair the phone and not replace it. I cannot be without my phone for 2 or more weeks. My friend suggests finding a Custom OS. I am considering trying the Custom OS, if available, or switching to another phone. I loved my Fascinate before the issues, but now, I am not sure what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

ziggy484

Reaction score
Try flashing dl09 and see if that does it, if so ota to ea28 and see if the errors come back, if not your good... if they do you can try the new eb01 if your comfortable with that. Search the forums and read up ALOT on how to do each of these steps before you go for it.

Sent from my stock 2.1 unrooted, fully bloated (for now) Fascinate