Fascinate disappointments

rlburt

Reaction score
Got my Fascinate free from Verizon, so I can't complain too much. But, my Droid Eris had a few things on it I miss.
1. The trackball. Made correcting texts easy and it lit up when a message wes received.
2. The self correcting texting on the Eris would suggest the correct word and place apostrophes, etc in the proper place on the fly.
3. On the Eris, Google navigation would automatically turn on the GPS. On the Fascinate it's a two step process.
4. I miss the physical buttons on the front of the Eris. I could find them in the dark.
5. Can't get Pandora to play through my Bluetooth on the Fascinate. This worked automatically on the Eris.

Sure the Eris was small and slow, but it had some great touches the fascinate doesn't.

ibebyi

Reaction score
Got my Fascinate free from Verizon, so I can't complain too much. But, my Droid Eris had a few things on it I miss.
1. The trackball. Made correcting texts easy and it lit up when a message wes received.
2. The self correcting texting on the Eris would suggest the correct word and place apostrophes, etc in the proper place on the fly.
3. On the Eris, Google navigation would automatically turn on the GPS. On the Fascinate it's a two step process.
4. I miss the physical buttons on the front of the Eris. I could find them in the dark.
5. Can't get Pandora to play through my Bluetooth on the Fascinate. This worked automatically on the Eris.

Sure the Eris was small and slow, but it had some great touches the fascinate doesn't.

I do have to agree that there are some minor gripes I have with this phone, but I feel overall the pros staggeringly outweigh the cons (imho).

The trackball/physical buttons thing is probably a matter of personal preference, but the pop-up android keyboard does seem a bit primitive to me (at least in comparison to the default droid1 froyo keyboard).
Also I have read there are some issues with Pandora and our phones (which will hopefully get ironed out) but its an issue on the software side and can be fixed.

Like I said, I agree there are some issues, but the beauty with this phone (and really no other) is that it is 100% customizable! Which means we will get fixes for a lot of our minor issues from our dev community :)
For instance, I just applied a fix which increased my 3G download speed by 1.8x! Pretty neat stuff :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well the good news is you have 30 days to decide if you want to keep it or trade it out for another phone.

Krish

Reaction score
If you miss the eris go back to it or get another phone. There are fixes out or in process for the issues you have. You cant jump samsungs throat on this. Not sure what your expecting of the galaxy S. There were other choices for you.

1. Go over to XDA fascinate forums, birdman posted a fix which speeds up and that also lights up the touch keys when you get a notification i believe. That could be one thing to look for. (Make sure you read all stickies before doing anything)

The rest just ask or google im sure theres a way around things.

fluidj

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't find anything really wrong with this phone after having it for a week. Maybe because i'm coming off of WinMo and ANYTHING is golden compared to that POS.

Is there a definitive list somewhere of all the alleged issues with this phone? And what does this "lagfix" hack do? What lag is it fixing? I've noticed no lag at all.

I would like to know if keeping the GPS on all the time is a bad thing.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
GPS is only used when applications call for it, so yes its fine to have on all the time.

A lot of issues will be fixed once froyo is here.

Go play with other phones and see if you like them:)