Farewell to the Droid and the forum.

R

Romple

Since I went from Storm -> Droid I feel really bad for you. I'm afraid your quest to find a working phone took a terribly wrong direction. Let me know how those battery pulls and 7 minute bootups treat ya... :-(

GL.

Reaction score
I originally wanted the storm 2 until i saw the first droid commercial where it was "idont". Best decision ever, some of my old coworkers had the originals then the storm 2's and all they did was complain about freezing and how slow the phone was.

Good luck with it, i bet you will be back with another android phone

Oh and btw what they offered you for "free" were most defiantly they phones on the way out and they were jsut trying to clear inventory.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
good luck bud, may i ask why you didn't go for the Incredible?

texasPI

Reaction score
you want to avoid issues and bugs and you decided you would get a storm to fix that? Thats like having sex to avoid pregnancy...good luck

lol QFT. I dont get ppl and the "I dont want a referb phone..wahh wahh wahh". They are perfectly fine and yes some have issues...but even brand spanking new phones will have issues sometimes. Its not any different. Ppl are just funny sometimes.

I don't get ppl that think that just because they've never had an issue with a refurb. that other ppl are just being whiny brats if they complain about what may be considered minor issues to someone else. I don't know about you but I'm not a "it's good enough" kind of person.

To the OP...good luck with your new phone. As long as you're happy, I'm happy.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
A couple of my colleagues purchased Droids about the same time I did, last November/December timeframe. One is a technically proficient software product manager whose primary requirement is email management. The other is a business analyst, not technically proficient, who needs a cellphone that does messaging and phone calls for an active social life.

The product manager gave up and went back to a BlackBerry after about a month. Simply put, the challenges of configuring the Droid for Msoft Exchange was just a pita for him. He wasn't interested in the hoops he had to jump through to meet his requirements on the Droid and the BlackBerry platform offered him everything he needed with little or no drama.

My other colleague stuck with the Droid. But without my occasional assistance in recommending apps and suggesting ways to optimize her battery, I'm sure she would have given up, as well. Her priorities don't include surfing the web for new, improved messaging apps, ways to avoid face dialing and unintended hangups, etc.

Droids aren't for everyone.

Darkseider

Reaction score
A couple of my colleagues purchased Droids about the same time I did, last November/December timeframe. One is a technically proficient software product manager whose primary requirement is email management. The other is a business analyst, not technically proficient, who needs a cellphone that does messaging and phone calls for an active social life.

The product manager gave up and went back to a BlackBerry after about a month. Simply put, the challenges of configuring the Droid for Msoft Exchange was just a pita for him. He wasn't interested in the hoops he had to jump through to meet his requirements on the Droid and the BlackBerry platform offered him everything he needed with little or no drama.

My other colleague stuck with the Droid. But without my occasional assistance in recommending apps and suggesting ways to optimize her battery, I'm sure she would have given up, as well. Her priorities don't include surfing the web for new, improved messaging apps, ways to avoid face dialing and unintended hangups, etc.

Droids aren't for everyone.

Sorry, Face Dialing?

OP
vtrider159

vtrider159

Reaction score
I liked everyting about the droid except for the bugs and lags after the OTA 2.1 update.

The apps were great, I probably used 10 out of 60, but the corporate email push as described a few posts back was a big pain in the ass.

About the incredible, they didn't have any to give me, there was a sign outside that told people the thing was sold out. They told me I could have ordered one and got it in the mail in about 4 or 5 days and that they would charge me $100...being that I'm closing on a real estate deal and need emails for work, I couldn't wait.

I miss the speed and browser of the droid, but mosto f my issues were with the phone not answering calls, the screen lock not working, dialer force closing etc....I would have kept the droid if it worked well as a phone.