Farewell! - Keep up the good work -

JLangevin

Reaction score
I have been using MIUI since the begining of October and am just unable to keep up with the constant changes in bugs and other items affected in the change logs. Even though this ROM simply isnt for me, I in no way take away the level of commitment and dedication that the MIUI devs here have been showing towards our D1 devices.

I just wanted to say that I wish you guys all the best of luck with these ports and hope that it continues to become more stable and gain popularity. This has been a fun experiment for the past few months, but I just need something that I can count on to be more reliable. Maybe once this thing is out of Beta and in RC or Release status, i will check it out again. Until then, keep up the diligent work!

illmatic636

Reaction score
Nothing nice to say, no bugs or issues to report, then I guess we'll be seeing you. Good luck and remember one thing. As a person who Mods everything, you'll realize that even if it works, you'll always be unsatisfied and want to do more.

Good luck. Try BB 6.1.2, or CM 6.1.2.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
UD 2.5 or Sourcery are my 2 favorite..give those a try..especially UD! Most stable in my opinion!

OP
J

JLangevin

Reaction score
No offense taken, and I was 100% genuine when I say that the guys working on MIUI are doing a great job. They are unpaid, and take a lot of complaints from people and keep on working. That takes a special caliber of person.

I did actually instal BB already, and as a person who mods everything I own, am very aware of how I will still be fairly unsatisfied. I basically am trying out new things. I came here from Sapphire, and always heard about Bugless. The reason I went there is because I have less time to mod, and need something that will work "most" of the time.

I cant wait to see MIUI in its full version / release form.

And the reason I said anything rather than silently moving on is because most people get pissed, publically ridicule, and make it a public bash session before moving... I simply wanted to let the devs know that I appreciate the time they have spent and their hard work for allowing me to have the option in more open source ROMs.

I personally work in a Windows/iPhone app development office for business solutions and PROUDLY represent my Droid because of the hard work of folks like you guys. So please, do not take my OP as a passive attack. It truely wasnt meant to be so.

bpassino

Reaction score
I don't know. I really like MIUI. It is truly unique among the D1 ROMS out there and as silly as it sounds, in stock form, I really think the lock screen screen is MONEY. I discovered yesterday that double tapping on the lock brings up the music controls when the music is not playing. That is pretty cool too.

My big complaint is no video MMS and that is what keeps me trying other ROMs.

If you're ROM hunting, Project Elite by actngrezy is awesome and stable.

thebignoob

Reaction score
I have been using MIUI since the begining of October and am just unable to keep up with the constant changes in bugs and other items affected in the change logs. Even though this ROM simply isnt for me, I in no way take away the level of commitment and dedication that the MIUI devs here have been showing towards our D1 devices.

I just wanted to say that I wish you guys all the best of luck with these ports and hope that it continues to become more stable and gain popularity. This has been a fun experiment for the past few months, but I just need something that I can count on to be more reliable. Maybe once this thing is out of Beta and in RC or Release status, i will check it out again. Until then, keep up the diligent work!

Not to be an incessant troll, but does anyone really care/How does this contribute to forum?

I love MIUI just like anyone else here, but there's no need for a departure topic.

Asking mod for lock.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you dont have bugs or issues, its likely because you dont use your phone for much other than browsing internet, texting, and calls.

There are a lot of bugs in miui. Its just the nature of running a beta ROM. Yes...there are new releases every week, but there is always something popping up in each issue. That is expected. If you dont believe there are any issues, then go read the sticky for each release. Denial doesnt account for anything.

This is why I finally started using a different ROM as well. For the most part, MIUI has become much more stable than it used to be. To deny the fact that there is issues in each release would be naive or foolish.

On the other hand, i agree with others that there is no need to start a thread about your decision to leave. Unless it was done to rub into someone's face. Just flash a different ROM, no big deal. No need to announce it to us.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Not to be rude or anything, but whats the point to this post??? If no one is happy with a rom they quietly move on to a different rom. Thats the beauty of flashing. I been using miui from day one when Dr Frankenstein aka Zen brought it over. I love how this rom has become dancedroid

Reaction score
No offense taken, and I was 100% genuine when I say that the guys working on MIUI are doing a great job. They are unpaid, and take a lot of complaints from people and keep on working. That takes a special caliber of person.

I did actually instal BB already, and as a person who mods everything I own, am very aware of how I will still be fairly unsatisfied. I basically am trying out new things. I came here from Sapphire, and always heard about Bugless. The reason I went there is because I have less time to mod, and need something that will work "most" of the time.

I cant wait to see MIUI in its full version / release form.

And the reason I said anything rather than silently moving on is because most people get pissed, publically ridicule, and make it a public bash session before moving... I simply wanted to let the devs know that I appreciate the time they have spent and their hard work for allowing me to have the option in more open source ROMs.

I personally work in a Windows/iPhone app development office for business solutions and PROUDLY represent my Droid because of the hard work of folks like you guys. So please, do not take my OP as a passive attack. It truely wasnt meant to be so.

I think THAT was the point. He was being complimentary, though maybe he misstated a little in the OP. Either way, what's the point of asking what his point is? Just as my response here is pointless. :blink:

Anywho....Good luck, J. And you'll be back. :biggrin:

mke236

Reaction score
if you dont have bugs or issues, its likely because you dont use your phone for much other than browsing internet, texting, and calls.

There are a lot of bugs in miui. Its just the nature of running a beta ROM. Yes...there are new releases every week, but there is always something popping up in each issue. That is expected. If you dont believe there are any issues, then go read the sticky for each release. Denial doesnt account for anything.

This is why I finally started using a different ROM as well. For the most part, MIUI has become much more stable than it used to be. To deny the fact that there is issues in each release would be naive or foolish.

On the other hand, i agree with others that there is no need to start a thread about your decision to leave. Unless it was done to rub into someone's face. Just flash a different ROM, no big deal. No need to announce it to us.
He as I as anyone else in this forum can start a thread. So what if others don't like it.....then don't read it. I feel the exact same way as most of you here. Miui is a great rom, when finished it will probably be the best rom out there. For the time being, it is not stable enough for some to continue to use, (I am currently running Sapphire and loving it) but that doesn't mean we dont follow the progress or are desperately waiting for it to be finished. The guy was very cool about his post. Let him say what he wanted and leave him the hell alone.

sparty569

Reaction score

There are a lot of bugs in miui. Its just the nature of running a beta rom. Yes...there are new releases every week, but there is always something popping up in each issue. That is expected. If you dont believe there are any issues, then go read the sticky for each release. Denial doesnt account for anything.

This is why i finally started using a different rom as well. For the most part, miui has become much more stable than it used to be. To deny the fact that there is issues in each release would be naive or foolish.

On the other hand, i agree with others that there is no need to start a thread about your decision to leave. Unless it was done to rub into someone's face. Just flash a different rom, no big deal. No need to announce it to us.
he as i as anyone else in this forum can start a thread. So what if others don't like it.....then don't read it. I feel the exact same way as most of you here. Miui is a great rom, when finished it will probably be the best rom out there. For the time being, it is not stable enough for some to continue to use, (i am currently running sapphire and loving it) but that doesn't mean we dont follow the progress or are desperately waiting for it to be finished. The guy was very cool about his post. Let him say what he wanted and leave him the hell alone.

bang!!!!!!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

He as I as anyone else in this forum can start a thread. So what if others don't like it.....then don't read it. I feel the exact same way as most of you here. Miui is a great rom, when finished it will probably be the best rom out there. For the time being, it is not stable enough for some to continue to use, (I am currently running Sapphire and loving it) but that doesn't mean we dont follow the progress or are desperately waiting for it to be finished. The guy was very cool about his post. Let him say what he wanted and leave him the hell alone.

Well if he wants to say what he wants to say I can say what I want to say......i just got lost of what i said :icon_ banana:

illmatic636

Reaction score
I flashed back to MIUI cause of that visitor mode option. Anyone here have an alternative program that does the same in a different custom rom?

illmatic636

Reaction score

Hey Yakatori, I had to ask, but, what else do you use your phone for besides GPS too? lol

mursepaolo

Reaction score
i would think devs would like to see these threads once in a while in place of angry complaints...