FAQs to contribute

Silver Member
Reaction score
Three "HINT" threads in my sig. More to contribute as I come up with them. I'll use this thread to post more updates.

Thanks.

greatscott

Reaction score
Moving apps between home 'screens' on DroidX

I have searched far and wide for this one. Apparently to move an app from one screen to the other, everyone knows to hold down the app until it vibrates. To move it WITHIN the screen is no problem, and intuitive. However to move it to another screen, you need to CAREFULLY drag the icon to the edge of the screen and HOLD. What will happen next is a slow scroll (depending on whether you drag the icon to the left or right) through your various home screens. Once you get to the screen you want, simply let up on it in an empty space. (if you do not, it will revert back to the original location) . Be careful not to get too close to the bottom of the screen or a red 'halo' will appear, indicating you are about to send it to the trash screen. Now, if only I could bring back an application I have deleted...

spegoda

Reaction score
I have searched far and wide for this one. Apparently to move an app from one screen to the other, everyone knows to hold down the app until it vibrates. To move it WITHIN the screen is no problem, and intuitive. However to move it to another screen, you need to CAREFULLY drag the icon to the edge of the screen and HOLD. What will happen next is a slow scroll (depending on whether you drag the icon to the left or right) through your various home screens. Once you get to the screen you want, simply let up on it in an empty space. (if you do not, it will revert back to the original location) . Be careful not to get too close to the bottom of the screen or a red 'halo' will appear, indicating you are about to send it to the trash screen. Now, if only I could bring back an application I have deleted...

If you delete an icon from one of your screens does not delete the actual application. Only the icon from your home screen.