FAQ Thread

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Yes, I believe most phones are similar except for some minor differences. Other than a few phones out there, most have a locked bootloader and require 2nd init to root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ill have to find time to figure out a computer situation and get that in motion. Right now I'm posting from my phone, because I'm working on my new addiction. Skyrim. If you don't have it, and are into the rpg games, you gotta grab it!

Sorry to derail the thread.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Timetripper

Reaction score
Jonas: Just wanted to say thanks again in previous post, I was completely new to Android a couple of months ago and this thread helped me out with a couple of questions with my D2g and helped get me hooked on the ' droid life.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill have to find time to figure out a computer situation and get that in motion. Right now I'm posting from my phone, because I'm working on my new addiction. Skyrim. If you don't have it, and are into the rpg games, you gotta grab it!

Sorry to derail the thread.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Alright, lol, after this we wont derail the thread any more but I ordered Skyrim from amazon. It should be here sometime next week. I just hope my computer can handle it. It calls for a dual core processor which I don't have but I surpass all the other requirements.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Pro tip: on any rom that has 1% battery increments, your phone will only trickle charge at beyond 95%. This is to prevent battery damage. Do be patient when charging. 99 to 100% takes the longest.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
just fyi, i did not write the contents of the sbf thread i posted. I copied it from the other sbf thread. ;)

crisd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20, Note 3
fast forward 5 years, I want to bring back my zombie Droid 2 global back to life! LOL
My new LG V20 sucks! and I want to pull my old Droid out of the the drawer and use it for a while as my daily driver. I'd love to use a new ROM, after all these years has it ever been settled which is the most capable and smoothest stable package? I don't want to lose any stock capabilities, what did the community finally determine was the best stock replacement?I've just spent the last 4 hours reading forums, and CM9 seemed to be the most advanced but had a lot of problems as has CM7. Were those issues ever fixed? I can't find a thread that states so. What about other ROMs?
thanks for anyone taking the time to reply to this ancient thread, if you can get me up and running with something new, I will gladly make a donation.