FAQ for installing Bugless Beast?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by matrice0056, May 12, 2010.

1. matrice0056

matrice0056 New Member

I tried using rom manager premium and it does seem to work well for me. I have to flash clockmod several times before it will take. If I can finally get it to take, when I select the rom it tells me I don't have the premium (which I do). Long story short I'm over rom manager and want to learn how to this without using an app? Is there an faq or something on how to load the rom without rom manager? I currently have smokeless glass running now and tried to load BB the same way but it didn't see the rom. I tried to use this faq below but it keeps aborting the update.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

Thanks in advance. Still new at this but I'm learning...
  2. pdroid

pdroid New Member

You'll want to install BB 1.0 as an update.zip - download the file from Pete's BB 1.0 thread, place on the root of your sdcard, rename to update.zip.

Depending on where you're coming from (stock 2.1, etc.) you'll want to wipe data+cache.

Then select "install update.zip", or whatever it's called, remember to select "allow update.zip installation" before doing the install. Sorry, it's been a long time since I've used this recovery I don't know the exact names of options.

You can also download a kernel (OP of the BB 1.0 thread) and install the same way (rename to update.zip, etc.). Same goes for themes if you want Smoked Glass, etc.

Hope this helps - legions of BBers will be glad to help if you run into trouble, lol :)
  3. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Also that link you posted is old, click on the big "HERE" in the OP for the 2.1 version, maybe that will help you.
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Note also that the full official Bugless Beast FAQ (the not reading of which Pete refers to as a bug in his OP), can be found here: [FAQ] Bugless Beast.
  5. matrice0056

matrice0056 New Member

I tried clicking on the link in Pete's OP a few days ago and it took me to a site that was temporarily down. Then I searched for awhile trying to find another FAQ.

Thanks for the link to another FAQ but that was the process I was tyring;
    -Remove the old update.zip
    -Place the rom (with the named changed to update.zip) on the root of my sdcard
    -go into recovery
    -Allow update
    -install upadte.zip (depreciated)
    It would start the say update aborted. I made sure to clear my cache and default prior to installing.

I'll look through this new FAQ again and make sure everything is ok.
  6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

I answered a similar question here: Bugless Beast V1.0 [ESE81]

See if that helps. It sounds like you're doing it correctly for SPRecovery, though, so you might have a corrupted file. Try downloading the ROM file again.
  7. matrice0056

matrice0056 New Member

Cool, thanks. I'll try it when I get off work. Stupid IT has certain downloads blocked. :angry:
  8. matrice0056

matrice0056 New Member

I downloaded the file again and it loaded up fine... But then my phone went into a constant boot loop for about 5 minutes. I checked the FAQ and my phone was on silient and I had a stock ringtone in use. I feel like I'm so close. Sorry to keep bothering but I don't want to give up on this. :icon_evil:

I cleared the cache and wiped data 3 times and then loaded a fresh copy of the rom. It's running now.

Thanks again for the tips/faqs.
    Last edited: May 13, 2010