Family Tracking

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on 360.

Got it on 4 phones. Dinc2(x2), d1 and Samsung continuum. The Sammy isn't as accurate as the others but purty darn close.
GPS enabled makes the difference, cell tower is no where as accurate.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If GPS isn't accurate d/l "GPS status" from the market, follow calibration instructions ...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If your using Verizon... its tough to get an accurate location for any app other than navigator .... because VW uses cell tower triangulation to determine locations... not GPS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Godly 1

Reaction score
I tried starting up Latitude on my Dinc 2, and on my Girlfriend's Dinc 2. When we logged in on our own phones and sent email friend requests to each other, and received each others emails, when we tried to open the link from the email back to Latitude, it would take us there, and then say "unable to load URL"...
Both phones are Verizon. Both phones tell us the same thing! With Wifi on, off, multiple attempts from both phones to share our locations with each other... "Unable to load URL" every time!
Anyone know what that means?
Thanks!

Natey2

Reaction score
If your using Verizon... its tough to get an accurate location for any app other than navigator .... because VW uses cell tower triangulation to determine locations... not GPS.

I believe it is the App (not the Carrier) that determines which method is used. If one does not have a clear view of the sky (e.g. indoors, underground, etc), something other than GPS has to be used to determine the location.

In decreasing order of accuracy:
GPS
Cell tower
Wifi

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk