Family Tracking

PARick

Reaction score
My wife and I would like to be able to track our two teenaged sons whereabouts. I have been playing with several apps. My wife and I and one son has an android phone, while the other son has an iphone. Can someone recommend a good app to do this? I don't mind paying for the app, but don't want a monthly fee. Also, by the time we all download and find out if the app is good, the return time will expire. Any help is appreciated!

rbw62

Reaction score
Have you tried latitude? It is free,.comes on the phone.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
Are you trying to find out without their knowing? Because Latitude I think can be turned off by the user, which would nullify your goal.

dscblu

Reaction score
Install an app called lookout its an antivirus/stolen phone locator u can tell the kids it will help them if they loose it will help them find it but it will also help u find them with the GPS locator, not sure if there's an iPhone version but I know there's an android one, I used it to catch a cheating gf

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Are you trying to find out without their knowing? Because Latitude I think can be turned off by the user, which would nullify your goal.

No, actually I want them to know I am "watching". :biggrin:

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Install an app called lookout its an antivirus/stolen phone locator u can tell the kids it will help them if they loose it will help them find it but it will also help u find them with the GPS locator, not sure if there's an iPhone version but I know there's an android one, I used it to catch a cheating gf

Thanks. I have lookout and will give it, well, a look.

nubia

Reaction score
Have you tried latitude? It is free,.comes on the phone.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Is it on the blackberry tour?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
My wife and I both had latitude set up and running on out Android Phones. Even with the GPS turned on, and us in the same room at our house, it said she was 5 miles down the road and I was 3 miles down the road. It always placed us at the same two spots, yet not where we actually were.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Laugh! Make sure they realize that you would know if they turned it off, and there would be major consequences if they did!

Oh, they know that! :biggrin: They are good kids, it actually more for emergencies......at least that's what I told them.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
My wife and I both had latitude set up and running on out Android Phones. Even with the GPS turned on, and us in the same room at our house, it said she was 5 miles down the road and I was 3 miles down the road. It always placed us at the same two spots, yet not where we actually were.

Ours have been fairly accurate. Sometimes when we are in the same room, it has one of us at our neighbors.

max62025

Reaction score
I've been using Life360 for about a year. I'm generally pleased with the accuracy and performance. I have it on my two daughters' iPhones, my wife and my droid, and the family iPad (which doesn't usually travel far). Regular updates have steadily improved the product.