Family Plan for No Family?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Irontyke, Jun 6, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Irontyke

Irontyke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am so furious with big red. I had a family plan 1100 minutes talk text data, unlimited, $110, and when I went up to a Maxx from the X, they bumped my son off the plan. I bought him a Maxx full retail as a gift for good grades, his Commando was falling apart, now they expect me to pay $160/month! Some family plan. This is nowhere what we signed for. I just found out. Did they do this to anyone else? How can I get it fixed? They lied to me.
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    Call verizon to find out what happened. Changing from the commando to the Maxx would require you to have an additional $30 data plan which would bring your monthly bill up to $140 but the rest of the plan should have remained the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. Irontyke

Irontyke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, will do that when the phone lines open. I guess they closed at 11 pm. I'm wondering if I should just downgrade to a minimum plan instead of a "family" plan if they don't cover my family anymore. He had data and texting before, which is why I got the plan years ago, although the Commando was pretty limited in what it can do. We love the Maxxes though.
  4. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    The way it works is that you have a shared voice plan which would be $70 for 700 min or $90 for 1400 min and then $10 for your son's phone on the family plan, then the text messaging plan of $30 for unlimited family text or 1000 text plan at $10 for each phone and then $30 data plan for each phone that has a data plan. Nothing should have changed except the razr requires adding the $30 data plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  5. noz177

noz177 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget did you also add the protection insurance ( I hope) that another 7 or 8 bucks add on .