Family Plan for No Family?

Irontyke

Reaction score
I am so furious with big red. I had a family plan 1100 minutes talk text data, unlimited, $110, and when I went up to a Maxx from the X, they bumped my son off the plan. I bought him a Maxx full retail as a gift for good grades, his Commando was falling apart, now they expect me to pay $160/month! Some family plan. This is nowhere what we signed for. I just found out. Did they do this to anyone else? How can I get it fixed? They lied to me.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Call verizon to find out what happened. Changing from the commando to the Maxx would require you to have an additional $30 data plan which would bring your monthly bill up to $140 but the rest of the plan should have remained the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
I

Irontyke

Reaction score
Thank you, will do that when the phone lines open. I guess they closed at 11 pm. I'm wondering if I should just downgrade to a minimum plan instead of a "family" plan if they don't cover my family anymore. He had data and texting before, which is why I got the plan years ago, although the Commando was pretty limited in what it can do. We love the Maxxes though.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The way it works is that you have a shared voice plan which would be $70 for 700 min or $90 for 1400 min and then $10 for your son's phone on the family plan, then the text messaging plan of $30 for unlimited family text or 1000 text plan at $10 for each phone and then $30 data plan for each phone that has a data plan. Nothing should have changed except the razr requires adding the $30 data plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

noz177

Reaction score
Don't forget did you also add the protection insurance ( I hope) that another 7 or 8 bucks add on .