Family Plan data promotion

Reaction score
I haven't seen this discussed so I thought I would share the info with anyone who may be interested.

I just got off the phone with Verizon trying to find ways to cut costs on my monthly bill. Right now they are offering a data promotion for family plans that have at least 1400 minutes. The promotion is a discount of $9.99 off of each line that has a smart phone.

So basically, I have three smartphones including two that are unlimited and this promotion just knocked $10 off of each of those lines. I now am paying $20 for each of my data plans.

This promotion is only being offered until March and of course they don't just automatically add it on for you. You have to call and talk to the loyalty department.

The discount will be taken from your bill for one year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good deal. I am only paying 9.99 for my data package and its unlimited too. :-D

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
Yeah its awesome. And with my employer discount i only pay right around 80 bucks a month.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Great info JK, thanks for sharing!

~it's not just a phone~

Mike8016

Reaction score
i just called they had no idea what i was talking about lol

Mike8016

Reaction score
I called again and i didnt qualify since i had more than a year left on my contract.

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
I called again and i didnt qualify since i had more than a year left on my contract.

You may want to try again. The rep told me you have to have at least 1 year of contract left. Two of my phones have 18 months left on contract. The third phone only had 5 months left on contract so I had to extend my contract by 7 months to get the discount.

Sometimes you have to try a few times until you get a rep who knows what he/she is doing.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Bah! Only have 700 minutes, oh well

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
They brought it back?

Wow! I jumped on this back in Nov. 2010 (when it first came out) and it's been great for my family plan.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for the info! Called and the rep found the promotion and applied it to my family plan!DancingNexus Saving some $!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this discussed so I thought I would share the info with anyone who may be interested.

I just got off the phone with Verizon trying to find ways to cut costs on my monthly bill. Right now they are offering a data promotion for family plans that have at least 1400 minutes. The promotion is a discount of $9.99 off of each line that has a smart phone.

So basically, I have three smartphones including two that are unlimited and this promotion just knocked $10 off of each of those lines. I now am paying $20 for each of my data plans.

This promotion is only being offered until March and of course they don't just automatically add it on for you. You have to call and talk to the loyalty department.

The discount will be taken from your bill for one year.

Thanks man. Good idea to share. My ex did something like this and somehow I have more minutes and pay less. Lol I think she did what your talking about. I didn't hear her whole layout but I save 10 dollars a month and have twice the minutes. Even though I don't hardly talk...lol And most importantly still unlimited data.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk