family guy ds episode controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;taIo35sHkNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taIo35sHkNQ]YouTube - Family Guy - Down Syndrome Girl (Sarah Palin Diss)[/video]

How many people seen this episode and found it offensive.

Please do not turn this in to a political debate.

I saw the episode and though I thought it was edgy, I come to expect that from family guy. I notice it has been getting alot of airtime.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep it was edgy but on par with what loyal fans like myself expect (and want) to see... anyone that has a problem with it shouldn't watch it... there is still "Freedom of Speech" in this country and that INCLUDES the right to say things others may find offensive. They have the ability to change the channel.

rod

Reaction score
saw it, didnt offend me. i dont think anyone who regularly watches family guy will get offended by any subject matter the writers decide to tackle. i would venture to say that the only people who are really offended, were offended at the first mention of down syndrome as a subject matter for a family guy episode. (as in family guy as a whole offends them, not only their take on down syndrome.)

ps, i know were not supposed to talk politics on this forum, but its going to be pretty hard to not skirt the topic discussing this subject.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vintage Family Guy.

By no means would I consider this any where near the list of "offensive" things Family Guy has done. LOL

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't even see what could have been offensive about that clip? Or was there more to it than that? He mentioned down syndrome in the song, but they weren't really making fun of it?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't even see what could have been offensive about that clip? Or was there more to it than that? He mentioned down syndrome in the song, but they weren't really making fun of it?

you had to have watched the entire episode.

mark1wat

Reaction score
I don't even think they took it as far as they could have. My opinion is that is was pretty mild. I think they held back. Hell, Chris was made more fun of than the DS girl.

As a matter of fact they didn't really make fun of her at all if you think really think about it. Well....there was the one comment by stewie about her eyes.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about the "Peter has a Stroke" episode where Peter has a stroke?
[video=youtube;bnWpGcUbr0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnWpGcUbr0M"]YouTube - Family guy- stoke driving[/video]
...or the episode "Gayness"
[video=youtube;ffm_TERH2_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffm_TERH2_o"]YouTube - family guy if you've got a gay[/video]
..."Peter Becomes Retarded"
[video=youtube;4_pt11RgAO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_pt11RgAO8"]YouTube - Family Guy - Peter becomes retarded[/video]

(This could go on endlessly)
It's what Family Guy does.... and why it's hilarious.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
It is like Obama referring to his personal bowling prowess as being like a participant in the special Olympics, or Rahm Emanuel referring to congress as f***ing retards. It is offensive, but we can change the channel just like we can change the administration

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
..."Peter Becomes Retarded"
YouTube - Family Guy - Peter becomes retarded

(This could go on endlessly)
It's what Family Guy does.... and why it's hilarious.

Its what makes family guy acceptable. They target ever controversial issue and rag every stereotype. Its funny, edgy, and what makes it a good show.

Again PLEASE do not get political do not want to get this closed.

rod

Reaction score
dude, its impossible for this to not get political. anyone who knows macfarlanes views knows the motives for this episode was entirely political. he didnt even try to hide it, look who the girl said her mother was.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I don't see how you posted this and don't expect it to turn political, when the main punchline involves Palin. Of course I was not offended because I am open minded and can clearly understand when something is a joke or not.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I wasn't offended by it but it seemed like a weak attempt to be intentionally offensive. Family Guy is going downhill fast in my opinion. Almost like they are trying to keep up with South Park in their offensiveness but FG is forgetting to include something funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.