False low power alerts

Taihlo

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having the problem of the battery telling you it's at less than 5% power and needs to shutdown, only to find that if you restart the phone, the battery is fine? I have had this happen to me (and my wife's phone as well) even when the phone was plugged into USB on a PC for charging. I have tried removing several apps, including the battery widget, but it doesn't happen all the time, or repeatedly. (Happens about once a week to me) If you let the phone shutdown from this message it will not even power on, until you have physically removed and replaced the battery.

Restarting my phone periodically isn't the end of the world, but nine times out of ten this happens to me when I am in the car... With no love of the bluetooth system already (why even have it if you can't dial out) it's beginning to get unbearable.

Thanks to anyone that has any ideas... (and I don't use or have swype installed)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been having the problem of the battery telling you it's at less than 5% power and needs to shutdown, only to find that if you restart the phone, the battery is fine? I have had this happen to me (and my wife's phone as well) even when the phone was plugged into USB on a PC for charging. I have tried removing several apps, including the battery widget, but it doesn't happen all the time, or repeatedly. (Happens about once a week to me) If you let the phone shutdown from this message it will not even power on, until you have physically removed and replaced the battery.

Restarting my phone periodically isn't the end of the world, but nine times out of ten this happens to me when I am in the car... With no love of the bluetooth system already (why even have it if you can't dial out) it's beginning to get unbearable.

Thanks to anyone that has any ideas... (and I don't use or have swype installed)

This is a known bug on 2.0.1 BUT I've never seen anyone have the problem pop up as often as you are having it. Most of us got it one time and never saw it again.

You may want to do a factory reset to see if that helps. If you still have it happening I'd get a replacement.

OP
T

Taihlo

Reaction score
This is a known bug on 2.0.1 BUT I've never seen anyone have the problem pop up as often as you are having it. Most of us got it one time and never saw it again.

You may want to do a factory reset to see if that helps. If you still have it happening I'd get a replacement.

Wow! didn't expect such a fast response... I hadn't seen it listed in the known bugs sticky. But I have been living with this now for a few months, and maybe the new software will fix it. Having it happen while plugged in was a stumper for me... lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wow! didn't expect such a fast response... I hadn't seen it listed in the known bugs sticky. But I have been living with this now for a few months, and maybe the new software will fix it. Having it happen while plugged in was a stumper for me... lol

I only had it happen 1 time, and if it isn't in the bugs sticky it should be. I hope 2.1 gets rid of that too.