Fallout 4 Pip-Boy App Added To The Play Store

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you got in on the Pre-Order for the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition you are probably anxiously awaiting the arrival of your shiny new Pip-Boy. The new Pip-Boy is actually useless though without your phone and the Pip-Boy app. The app was just released to the Play Store so you can grab it ahead of the November 10th launch! Once your Pip-Boy arrives simply slide your phone into the unit for the perfect sidekick for keeping up with your in game stats, inventory, map, and radio. The app also includes some pretty cool Fallout mini games. If you didn't order the Collector's Edition no worries the app works without the actual Pip-Boy arm hugger!

via Play Store

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I pre-ordered the game by itself. While I think the Pip Boy would be a fun toy, there was no way I was paying that much for the limited edition.

I actually ordered on an amazon deal, below regular retail price & I'm guaranteed to get it for the cheapest price they offer from now until I get it. I'm assuming I won't save any extra, but it was already discounted $10 or so.

Might have just waited to buy it if that wasn't the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I have the Pip Boy edition (seemingly the only one that does). I had a hassle getting it to. I got out just for the Pip Boy but I'm obviously a huge fan too. I think this will be rev up the second screen market. Apps themselves just weren't doing it. Good job for Bethesda. They are really taking over the mobile gaming space

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the game by itself. While I think the Pip Boy would be a fun toy, there was no way I was paying that much for the limited edition.

I actually ordered on an amazon deal, below regular retail price & I'm guaranteed to get it for the cheapest price they offer from now until I get it. I'm assuming I won't save any extra, but it was already discounted $10 or so.

Might have just waited to buy it if that wasn't the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
LINK!?!?! come on don't leave a brother hanging... I'd love to get this discounted on launch day, if not I'm still going to buy it

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
LINK!?!?! come on don't leave a brother hanging... I'd love to get this discounted on launch day, if not I'm still going to buy it
I just searched amazon to try & find the link, but it looks like they're all out... Sorry!

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, when the Xbox says its ready to play, all it's ready to do so far is play the SPECIAL videos.
008257817e1399cb532aacf0bee6b63e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
BTW, the Pip Boy app doesn't seem to have server sync. I launched it while in-game on the XB1 and it synced up with my inventory and etc, but I was too excited to play the actual game, so I closed it. Launched it again later when I wasn't on the XB1 anymore and it basically only gave me the "Offline" option, which is fine, except that it hadn't update my inventory from the first time I used the app. So, I can still check stuff out on the Pip Boy app, but my inventory and stuff aren't up-to-date with where I left off on the game. Kind of a bummer there.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I want to mark this disagree cause I'm jealous... pretty awesome man
all my friends are too. They want to start a Facebook campaign just to spite me. Still sucks my N6 doesn't fit in the Pip Boy, but I have an iPod touch that does at least.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have you played yet? I'm curious to know if it's something I've done wrong that my app synced when I was playing the game, but didn't download my most recent inventory and stuff after the XB1 was turned off. I would hope they have or are going to have some sort of server sync. Otherwise, you'll have to connect the Pip Boy before quitting playing the game if you want to fiddle with your stuff on the phone away from the actual game.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Have you played yet? I'm curious to know if it's something I've done wrong that my app synced when I was playing the game, but didn't download my most recent inventory and stuff after the XB1 was turned off. I would hope they have or are going to have some sort of server sync. Otherwise, you'll have to connect the Pip Boy before quitting playing the game if you want to fiddle with your stuff on the phone away from the actual game.

Of course. All night last night and a few hours this morning before I took the little one to school. I play on PS4.

I like that idea and it would be cool of they had some sort of Wasteland Market where you can sell some excess inventory. I hate having to fast travel just to sell to that one lady at that diner...ugh!