Fallout 4 Finally Unveiled With New Trailer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Since many of our members are also gamers, we wanted to offer up the hottest (off topic) news item of the day in the gamer world. The Fallout 4 trailer above was just released by Bethesda, showing off the upcoming game.

Bethesda didn't reveal when the game will launch, but it is likely to be either Fall of this year, or at the latest, Fall of next year (2016). The game will only be available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Across the web, there have been many complaints about the graphical quality shown off in the trailer. It's not hard to see why people are complaining. Bethesda is supposedly using an upgraded version of the same game engine they used for Skyrim, and because of that the graphical quality compared to current gen games seems a bit dated.

Of course, fans of the series will (rightly) point out that this game series isn't great because of fancy graphics, but because of well developed gameplay, story elements and characters. Ultimately, if they craft the game-world as lovingly as they did in Fallout 3, then this game will be excellent regardless of the prettiness of the graphics. What do you folks think?

BTW... this time around the game will be set in Boston and actually uses several historical landmarks and settings from that iconic American city. Here's a list of some of them displayed in the video:
  • Fenway Park
  • Scollay Square
  • The Paul Revere statue and the Old North Church
  • The Bunker Hill Monument and the Bunker Hill Lodge
  • The Massachusetts State House

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I'm very excited for Fallout 4, but it will take a LOT to peel me away from the latest installment in the Witcher series! While graphics don't make a game, they do help usher in the wow factor upon first trailer releases.
With Crytek and Unreal showing amazing demonstrations utilizing DX12 and Vulkan, it's easy to understand why a lot of people are not impressed with the graphical prowess that looks very last gen. However, myself and other PC gamers can wait for the modding community to completely overhaul the graphics once the tools are released.