Fall of Android?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
First...I don't believe anything that appears on that site, from an editorial perspective...they publish/distribute trash in my opinion. Second, I believe Android is in trouble when Cows Fly and Obama is rated the best President ever.

It's an opinion piece, take your NRA badge off for a second and read it, you might learn something.

The reason I know you didn't read the article:

"Is Android coming to an end? Not at all, but that doesn’t mean that Google has an easy road ahead of them. The reality is that the issues brought up by Business Insider are real (blown out of proportion, but real). Google needs to do better in the tablet space, maintain good developer relations, and continue to support its OEM partners. "

Reaction score
I doubt android will fall. Verizon just did a a thing about android and ios more business use android over ios. So Android is a growing pain for apple but not for us android lovers. :)

pinoy_92

Reaction score
No I agree with what he said. Unfortunately it doesn't mean crap to the reality is that android sells. Only because people don't know what they are buying. People still don't know the difference between android and Droid. Not only is that an issue but the big F is always an issue for me. I hate that Google's android market is flooded with so many devices and over half of them are crap. Why? Because people don't k ow the difference they see android buy and all is well right nope. For the same money they could've gotten an even better android. Lol its all good though I love my razr, wish it were a maxx though. Pun intended.

exactly the point. not everyone can afford an iphone so they look for cheap alternative. i asked my friends what model phone they are using all they said was "android."

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not having read all of the previous posts, but after reading that lame article.... my opinion is...... Woohooo, the nations number one fashion accessory is still up there. Good for IOS, a windows phone is coming and its supposed to be awesome... great. Of the few comments I did read, I agree hole hearted with the competition making every one reach for the stars. Its true in everything, unless a person or company is happy getting passed over for everything. And typically the all mighty buck, prevents companies from being too complacent. But not always..

Remember, Intel has signed an agreement with Moto and a few others. Everyone here has to know that Intel chips will make these phone a lot smarter.

Then you look at Samsung and their new screen patent.

Put those things together and what've you got??? Innovation on the way.... my opinion of course.

There's no telling what's around the corner.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The problem is cheap Androids do more to harm to the Android reputation than iPhone marketing and fan boys do. It's a shame that people don't educate themselves about what they are buying. You would think that before they got stuck with a two year contract they would at least know a little about what they are buying. That's the first piece of advice I give to people who are looking for a smart phone. Not all Androids are created equal. Learn the differences.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LoudRam said:
The problem is cheap Androids do more to harm to the Android reputation than iPhone marketing and fan boys do. It's a shame that people don't educate themselves about what they are buying. You would think that before they got stuck with a two year contract they would at least know a little about what they are buying. That's the first piece of advice I give to people who are looking for a smart phone. Not all Androids are created equal. Learn the differences.

I agree about the cheap androids, but in the buyers defense, I think they are hoping that they have a reasonable expectation to a baseline level of quality. But no android is immune to bugs right now, there are radio issue or network issues, but IOS has a history of that too with the last iPhone... antenna wasn't it?? The bionic and nexus are the first two that come to mind for android.

But I know alot of iPhone users that are having issues with their devices, I didn't get into specifics with them but, alot of em are jumping ship. I should've paid closer attention then I might know if these issues were simply buyers remorse.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I would have to disagree. Along with the public not educating themselves it's also the salesman not being honest so they can make a sale. I know that's a stretch but it happens. They aren't going to tell you that the Android that you just bought from Cricket or Metro PCS isn't the same as the Rezound, Razr, or Nexus so they are expecting the same level of performance because they don't know any better. And when the phone doesn't live up to the hype because after all it's an Android people are upset. Then you hear things like Android is a POS, why didn't I get an iPhone and bla, bla, bla. The people in this community and the ones who search us out are the exception not the rule when it comes to this.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
94lt1 said:
I agree about the cheap androids, but in the buyers defense, I think they are hoping that they have a reasonable expectation to a baseline level of quality. But no android is immune to bugs right now, there are radio issue or network issues, but IOS has a history of that too with the last iPhone... antenna wasn't it?? The bionic and nexus are the first two that come to mind for android.

But I know alot of iPhone users that are having issues with their devices, I didn't get into specifics with them but, alot of em are jumping ship. I should've paid closer attention then I might know if these issues were simply buyers remorse.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

I just realized that we are talking about two different things. I'm talking about performance and you're talking about quality. I agree with you on the quality issue.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LoudRam said:
I just realized that we are talking about two different things. I'm talking about performance and you're talking about quality. I agree with you on the quality issue.

I was kind of straddling the fence... lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

gator57

Reaction score
I think I'm my opinion that talking software iOS / android is like talking Ford and Chevy, that being said I think the reason that people like iOS is because it is so intergrated and the products all work together. Now I'm sure that people can point out to me several instances where this is not the case but overall I think we can all agree they work together. What bothers me about android is that he operating systems are very fragmented or seem to be that way because there are so many manufacturers and they are almost all using different versions from froyo to ics wouldn't it be great if all the phones were on ics? Then they would have to be building phone that had lots of different options such as screens, cameras, and software that made using your phone a rich experience. Instead they sell phones with lots of bugs and hiccups make us wait for software updates that may or may not ever come to fruition is android falling ??? Well don.t get the shovels out yet let's hope that the great things that have been done with android can be continued and the manufacturers can agree on software and make it a rich and rewarding experience for everyone. Thanks for allowing me to stand on the soap box Gator

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the marketing scheme for the lumia 900? Now that's marketing. The only android phones I've seen with something so good Are the Samsung phones. Its all marketing. IPhone is a household name now and anything competitive with it would seem doomed from the start. I think android is better all around hands down but its stretched too thin. If android was doomed to fail you can't blame the "confused" consumers. If you catch my drift.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still dont understand why ppl keep coming up with this supposed possible favoritism towards Motorola.

HTC and Samsung has been the only manufactures of Nexus phones. Moto's "Nexus" devices? Droid 1 and the Xoom? Not listed as or considered Nexus devices by Google. HTC made the first actual dev phones for Android, whatever phones that had the code names ADP 1 and ADP 2. Fine, they made the first Android phone, so it makes sense. Samsung made the last 2 Nexus phones. So if anything....Google might need to focus on Motorola more than they have. And why would HTC , Samsung, or any other manufacture that does an Android phone feel any safer with WP7....and MS being in bed with Nokia? I agree with that part of the article. They would leave a possible favoritism situation for a real one? How come no one talks about what other manufacture feel about HTC and Samsung being shown somewhat favoritism for Nexus phones? As for doing a fork of Android...HTC is almost there with Sense UI. So I can maybe seeing that happening.

Bottom line...money talks and.....BS walks. HTC and Samsung have been making money with Android, dont know about other phone makers. They really havent with WP7, dont know about others that do Android phones too. Unless the money starts walking away....I dont see any manufacture leaving Android or focusing on some other OS.

I disagree about ppl not knowing what an Android phone is and a Droid phone is being a problem. Its still an Android phone tho. Its alot better than ppl thinking any smartphone is an iPhone. That doesnt really happen as much with Android now as it did a few years ago. Android phones, Droid phones are getting their own identity.

On a related note...related to what I bolded above too..... seems like LG is thinking smart....MS might wanna follow suit ...lol:

LG to focus Android efforts, no plans for future Windows Phone handsets

MS should just focus on the Android license fees they're getting paid for...or team up with Android or RIM, something. After a few more years...if WP7 isnt selling like they want, a plan B might be in order.

djspy

Reaction score
This articel brings up something i have been pondering myself. It's time to close up Android. Google should LET just the top manufacturers like Motorola, HTC, Samsung and LG and make Android phones and only let the top carriers; Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint sell them. Close it up for the good of quality and to save the image of Android. Because let's face it, the only people talking **** about Android are the people who can't afford quality Smart Phones and are forced to buy the crap that's on Metro PCS, Boost Mobile and the like. Yes, make it more exclusive if you will.