Fair Use Wizard Settings

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
I've been trying to rip a movie (Ferris Beuller's Day Off) to my droid. I used Fair Use Wizard. There are alot of options and settings in this program and I'm sure I messed something up. Anyway, when I finished ripping it and transfering it, I got perfect audio, but no video. Can anyone tell me what the best settings are for this?

I tried using Handbrake but it will not work on Windows XP on copyrighted disks. In Fair Use, I used the MP4,ACC,fast settings and tried to leave everything else as is. There were a few settings I had to choose though.

Last edited:

segen77

Reaction score
a lot of people have had success with dvd catalyst 3, and in the pay version there is supposed to be a setting for the droid.

OP
C3-PO

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
I already have Fair Use Wizard and would rather not pay for anything else. I've always used Fair Use and it works fine, but like I said there's a lot of settings and for some reason I just can't get the video. Audio is fine. I'm sure it's just a setting that I'm missing. I'm gonna fiddle with it untill I get the right settings. I just decided to post here to see if someone else already knew what the problem was. When I figure it out, I'll post the setting here.

metalmenance

Reaction score
2nd that,,,, dvd catalyst is the fasterest and easiest for me, works everytime
there is an android setting then i tweak it from there with these settings:
choose android setting then modify to htc(dream)HQ then choose player size 720x480
and other settings stay,
they play great on droid and almost fill whole screen
i minght play some more to see if i can find perfect screen filling size
i tried many diff converters and dvdcatalyst is the best imo

D

dvdcatalyst

a lot of people have had success with dvd catalyst 3, and in the pay version there is supposed to be a setting for the droid.

In fact, the developer for DVD Catalyst floats around on the board from time to time...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/2024-i-found-good-video-converter-droid.html

I do hang out on these forums :).
It helps me with ideas on how to make my program better, and a lot of people appreciate the fast that they have quick and easy access for questions and such.

As for Fair Use, it's been a LONG time since I installed it, so I can't help you there. If it has an iPhone profile, I'd suggest to start there. Do a rip using the default settings, and see if it works. If it does, modify the settings to something like 854x480 or 848x480 and increase the video bitrate to about 1000.

For Handbrake to work, I recall you have to install VLC, and do some fiddling to make it use VLC's DVD engine. There is info on that in the Handbrake readme and their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C3-PO

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Fair Use didn't work again.

Well, I guess I better try DVD Catalyst 3. The trial version says it's a Full Trial for 7 days. Does this mean that it will have the Droid presets or is there another configuration I have to use for the trial version?

Good price, BTW. If it works for me, I'll definately buy it.

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

Fair Use didn't work again.

Well, I guess I better try DVD Catalyst 3. The trial version says it's a Full Trial for 7 days. Does this mean that it will have the Droid presets or is there another configuration I have to use for the trial version?

Good price, BTW. If it works for me, I'll definately buy it.

the Trial has the Droid presets.

Due to some issues with the application I used to make a trial-version, the trial actually works forever, but only converts 20% of the movie. I've been hunting down the 7-day description all over.

OP
C3-PO

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Good enough. Like I said, if it works for me, I'll buy it.