Fair or Not?

OP
CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale

Reaction score
The other day at the grocery store I had a coupon for buy 10 Powerades get 5 free. They were a dollar a piece, so it should have cost me $10+tax. After the cashier rang everything up, she tried scanning the coupon but she couldn't get it to pick up the barcode. So she manually entered the discount and my total came to ~$8. I didn't say anything. Was I wrong or was it the cashier's fault for not being able to read or do math?

Well, I find this to be slightly different. The cashier didn't wrong you in any way. I've been to a store to buy a $60 PC game and they rang it up as $10 and I've said something. As people have said "What comes around goes around" and the cashier tried to blow off my problem, so why shouldn't I blow off hers? :p

littlerick

Reaction score
The other day at the grocery store I had a coupon for buy 10 Powerades get 5 free. They were a dollar a piece, so it should have cost me $10+tax. After the cashier rang everything up, she tried scanning the coupon but she couldn't get it to pick up the barcode. So she manually entered the discount and my total came to ~$8. I didn't say anything. Was I wrong or was it the cashier's fault for not being able to read or do math?

Well, I find this to be slightly different. The cashier didn't wrong you in any way. I've been to a store to buy a $60 PC game and they rang it up as $10 and I've said something. As people have said "What comes around goes around" and the cashier tried to blow off my problem, so why shouldn't I blow off hers? :p

its different because atleast then you tried to say something. if it doesnt bother you then dont worry about it, i'm different i guess i wouldnt want to take something that isnt mine or in this case keep something that isnt mine

OP
CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale

Reaction score
Well, it has been fun to see what other people think and hear what you all would do in this situation. I think I am going to call up Wal-Mart and see if they even care if I bring it back. Judging on past experience, they probably wont. If they seem to really care at all, or even seem to know what I'm talking about, then I will try and get it back, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Also, It's nice to see we have some moral back bones in the community. :p

Droid592

Reaction score
All in all it is walmarts fault, if the person there can make sure everything is there then it is one the employee period. They work there and its there job to make sure everything is there. Its like when i went to the market total was $10 payed with a $20 and got $13 back. I didnt realize it till i got into my truck and was gonna drive off but hey again the employee is 100% at fault for not doing their job right.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would take it back.. not yours.. it becomes stealing.. forget about the law just do what you know is right..
Just my opionion ..

V

verian

10 out of 10 times I suggest the high road in these situations. But I can't stand wal-mart! any time you can get over on a wal-mart outside of actual theft is fine with me. Wal-mart destroys lives and rural business! Don't believe me visit the town I have to drive to just to shop. I have to go over an hour away to get to a Game Stop. Local grocery stores are dropping like bricks from an cloud.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that cards being lost, not returned, not shipped out, just kind of happens.

IMHO the OP has done nothing wrong. To take it back would just be making a mountain out of a mole hill. You'll just have another confused Wal - Mart person who won't know what to do with it.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
make a phone call and see if they want it back, if not your fine.

OP
CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale

Reaction score
So, what was the end result?! This thread has been entertaining...LOL

I called up the Wal-Mart where I exchanged the phone. The operator had no clue who I should talk to about it so she decided to transfer me to a costumer service manager. After waiting for about 10 minutes, I heard something that sounded like a phone being answered and then hung up. So either the CS manager is an unlucky clutz or they just didn't want to deal with it.

What do you guys think?

Nightmares

Reaction score
Serves those idiots right, Most wal mart workers havent got a clue!