Fair or Not?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CrusoeCale, Jun 9, 2010.

1. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

The other day, I was taking my defective Droid back to Wal-Mart ($100 cheaper than at Verizon or Best Buy) for a replacement. Before I went into the store, I took out my 16GB microSD card so that I could exchange it for the one that comes with the new Droid. The woman at the counter tried to tell me that I needed my contract in order to do the exchange. Not understanding why, we argued for about 3 minutes before she decided to look at my receipt and saw that I payed full price for it. The woman apologized and proceeded to examine the device. I explained to her how to remove the battery after a few seconds of watching her struggle. Her excuse was "That's what I thought, but I didn't want to break my nails". She tried to do some stuff on the cash register, then called for a Costumer Service Manager to come back. We waited for about 10 minutes, then she called again. The woman asked if I had the original credit card. After I explained that it was a gift and that I was out of town, she tried to tell me that there was nothing she could do without it. Cutting to the end, it took 4 people over a half an hour to work the cash register for the exchange. Through all the frustration, I forgot to mention that I still had the old MicroSD card (got out with 2 16GB SD cards). I remembered later while I was doing some grocery shopping but decided not to do anything about it. Some friends of mine say I was wrong for not saying anything. What do you guys think? What would you have done?
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Well what we have here is very important moral dilemma, their are matters to be considered, first and foremost, was she hot??
  3. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

Well, thats only if you consider fat, bearded women with rotten teeth hot.
  4. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Sounds like my english teacher.
  5. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

I doubt she could be this bad. This has to be by far the least attractive woman I have ever seen.
  6. garrett

garrett New Member Theme Developer Developer

just for future reference it does not matter where you bought your droid from you can take it to a Verizon Wireless store or call customer service for a replacement.
  7. iPirate

iPirate New Member

After all the crap they gave you probably cause they were "going by the rules" they failed the "check for the microSD card" rule so I think you are fine.

I'm afraid if you go back you are going to get more of a headache for trying to the "the right thing" I suppose you could say you found it on the ground...

I hate when people ask for the original credit card, I want to hurt them. I've been asked for the original credit card for purchases 4-5 years before...
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  8. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

i think the real question is are you going to give me the card!!
  9. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

Only if you buy me a purple Seidio Innocase Surface for my Droid. :D
  10. kmarmet

kmarmet New Member

aha lol. screw em dude. people will do everything they can to screw you out of stuff. especially phone companies. so its about time you hey your lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I disagree, when you get down to it, no mater the reason it's not yours.

If you are okay with your self, keep it. I would personally take it back, but I'm weird I guess.
  12. wizardman

wizardman New Member

Agreed! Very Fair! Is anybody going to lose a job? Are u really going to lose any sleep over this? I don't think so... Move on...
  13. lchavez289

lchavez289 New Member

As a rep, its my job to account for everything before I process the return or exchange. If she realizes that she doesn't have it, then its gonna be her problem. Not yours.
  14. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

I had to walk a walmart employee through an exchange myself it was pathetic. Matter of fact I know employees of verizon have to fix peoples accounts sometimes. You get what you pay for I guess.
  15. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

very true.
  16. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

WTF? Really? You guys are all (except one) condoning that the guy steals propertry?

Since it was not intentional I doubt the law could do anything to you. Take it back and explain to the store what happened. They will appreciate you being honest. Is it going to bankrupt Walmart? Doubt it. But it doesn't become right just because walmart has enough money to cover their loss. That kind of thinking is Bull Feces in my humble opine.

Do the right thing.

Of course...if you keep it you are no longer in that gray area of mistakenly taking something that's not yours. You have admitted knowing about it so it is now stealing if you keep it. The law can get you for that. Will they come for you? probably not. But that don't make it right.

Nate
  17. CrusoeCale

CrusoeCale New Member

I'm not saying that I'm right, I'm just saying that karma should work both ways and not just toward me. Honestly, I would probably take it back if I thought they would have a clue what to do with it and if it wouldn't cause me any headache. Seeing as I'm visiting family in Jacksonville, Florida for the summer from my lazy Georgia town, I'm not quite used to feeling like I'm going to get shot everywhere I go.

But I do appreciate your opinion, that's the whole reason I made this thread. To see what others would do. :D
  18. The Droid Lion

The Droid Lion New Member

You little Thieving Bastard!!!! Jk, its Wal-mart, you know, the super store that is draining the life out of family business and middle America. The one that will one day control all of our Grocery and Pharmaceutical needs. That place, yeah, its o.k.. I say stick it to the man every chance you get. Even if its only 16GBs at a time.
  19. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Exactly. It is the employees job to make sure everything is there and if the woman at Wal-Mart didnt do this then it is her problem. I personally wouldn't take it back, especially after all the Hassle she gave you about trying to exchange it for another one.

You just came up on a 16GB SD card so congrats! lol.
  20. MDriod

MDriod New Member

Honestly i would have taken it out too and kept it...why give it back you payed for it.