Failure to Login to youtube?

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
A youtube login failure occurred and I can't for the life of me get it out of my notifications every time the youtube app starts up it's there again any ideas how to fix this?

OP
F

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Settings accounts remove youtube account that is failing

stryguy

Reaction score
Yeah I had this same issue when I tried to add my daughter's youtube account that wasn't tied to a gmail account. Once I tied it to a Gmail account the problem fixed itself.

Not that this is a ton of help if you DON'T want to tie it to a gmail account.

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
I have the same problem when I try to upload a video to youtube. I'm logged in and when the upload starts it asks me to log in to my youtube account again. Even though I put the right password in, it still fails.

I did get the fail notification to clear. When I pulled down my notification screen from the top, next to the words Verizon Wireless there is a "clear" button. Tap that and it will get rid of the notification. Hope that helps with the annoyance...

If anyone knows how to get youtube uploads to work, some help would be appreciated.

Super Turtleman

Reaction score
I figured out my issue. I had to log into youtube (on the net) and then link my youtube account with my gmail account (the one that is associated with the phone). Hope this helps!

Speedr117

Reaction score
It ALWAYS prompts me to enter my username and password. Is there a way around this?

JudroidX

Reaction score
Look people, combining your account with your gmail account only seems like it solved the issue. Yeah the notification icon is removed but there's still something wrong. Videos are missing from the search results and and the option to turn off the search filter is greyed out.... This doesnt seem to b a quick fix. It'll have to b either an OS update or a youtube update. Good luck with that. But if it gets fixed let me know. Lol : b

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Youtube app is horrible. I go the site itself. Everytime I search videos through youtube app it either comes back with 0 results, or comes back with results, but says no videos found.