Failing on switching from SB to Clockwork

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with Hook. I'll spend the few minutes renaming rather than hours rebuilding.

When RM/CW was first released there were lots of issues. Obviously, Koush listened and corrected and things settled down. Now, however, it seems that RM/CW are causing issues again.

I installed RM/CW premium version so that I could help others. Truthfully, I've regretted installing so I keep the alternative recovery, SPR, flashed. Thankfully, I've never had a problem with SPR.

My two cents.

Mike

roberj13

Reaction score
Try this install BB then some sort of theme in an update form also then a kernel and you will feel my pain. I think both are just as useful, matter of fact if they added the ability to not have to rename zips I would use it 100 percent of the time no doubt, because it IS easier to use since there aren't any updates for it. So basically I am agreeing with you but wish for one feature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
catsartcox

catsartcox

Reaction score
The main reason why wanted to get clockwork to work is because i like trying things first hand....I've read alot about it. So i thought why not....I am not trying to be lazy are anything. I just like messing with things....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand you desire to learn. I'm not comfortable using RM/CW because of the problems that seem to have risen lately. For me, SPR is the "Gold Standard"

Mike

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The main issues with CW have come with froyo. CW usually works fine but there's something up with froyo that seems to be causing an issue. A lot of people are loosing recovery when flashing a 2.2 rom through CW. I don't think its a bad download, but there is an issue. Up until 2.2 CW worked fine as far as I knew. Its a little more complex than sprecovery but once you got the hang of it worked well. Maybe its that slight over complexity that is causing the hangups with 2.2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk