Failed To Boot 4 after flashing (or trying to flash?) SBF

konas

Reaction score
First post here, wish it were under better circumstances. But I think I bricked my phone -_-

I was attempting to flash my X2 back to stock 2.2 Froyo via SBF. This is my first Android phone and I've never flashed anything in my life. I followed the instructions listed on several forum threads, but apparently still screwed something up. I'm hoping someone on here can help me, because I'd hate to be stuck with a 2 month old $200 paper weight.

So, like I said, I followed what I believed to be good instructions (either on here or XDA forums, can't remember). I used the most current Moto drivers and RSD 5.3.1. After I ran the flash in RSD, it got to the reboot step, made it to about 26%, and then my phone screen showed the Moto Dual Core logo with "Failed to boot 4, Starting RSD mode" at the top, and RSDLite showed the status as "PASS".

I've tried to redo it several times, on two different computers, and with SBF files from multiple locations. Any help would be awesome, because I'm kinda freaking out a bit -_-. Thanks!

EvilTim

Reaction score
First post here, wish it were under better circumstances. But I think I bricked my phone -_-

I was attempting to flash my X2 back to stock 2.2 Froyo via SBF. This is my first Android phone and I've never flashed anything in my life. I followed the instructions listed on several forum threads, but apparently still screwed something up. I'm hoping someone on here can help me, because I'd hate to be stuck with a 2 month old $200 paper weight.

So, like I said, I followed what I believed to be good instructions (either on here or XDA forums, can't remember). I used the most current Moto drivers and RSD 5.3.1. After I ran the flash in RSD, it got to the reboot step, made it to about 26%, and then my phone screen showed the Moto Dual Core logo with "Failed to boot 4, Starting RSD mode" at the top, and RSDLite showed the status as "PASS".

I've tried to redo it several times, on two different computers, and with SBF files from multiple locations. Any help would be awesome, because I'm kinda freaking out a bit -_-. Thanks!

First off, I've been digging through x2 forums since I got mine the day they came out, and no one has bricked their phone yet. Did you right click rsdlite and run as administrator? I've seen alot of people with issues flashing on vista and 7 so, myself included(vista), so if you have access to xp try it on that if run as administrator doesn't work

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
K

konas

Reaction score
First off, I've been digging through x2 forums since I got mine the day they came out, and no one has bricked their phone yet. Did you right click rsdlite and run as administrator? I've seen alot of people with issues flashing on vista and 7 so, myself included(vista), so if you have access to xp try it on that if run as administrator doesn't work

The first computer I tried it on is running 7, and the first time I did not run as administrator. After doing some searching I found a thread with some suggestions, and I tried running as administrator, and nothing.

The other computer I tried to use is running XP Pro 32 bit, no luck there either.

Thanks for the quick post and the confidence boost, hopefully I can figure this out soon!

magman

Reaction score
any update..........and a side note make sure after u flash you clear data with a data reset lol i forgot about that step 1 time then didnt know y i was bootlooping

OP
K

konas

Reaction score
any update..........and a side note make sure after u flash you clear data with a data reset lol i forgot about that step 1 time then didnt know y i was bootlooping

Yeah, it's not really bootlooping. Holding volume up or volume down while powering up also does nothing to my phone, it does the same thing and shows the same error. Forgot to mention that in OP.

EvilTim

Reaction score

Yeah, it's not really bootlooping. Holding volume up or volume down while powering up also does nothing to my phone, it does the same thing and shows the same error. Forgot to mention that in OP.

Have you tried using the 2.3.3 sbf file? I found another post same issue. It won't be rooted but if it works as a phone that's better than what you have

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1201534

Last edited:

EvilTim

Reaction score
Have you tried using the 2.3.3 sbf file? I found another post same issue. It won't be rooted but if it works as a phone that's better than what you have

[SBF] Gingerbread SBF for MB870 Verizon Droid X2 [SBF] - xda-developers

I tried that as well, on both computers.

Other things to try, make sure battery is fully charged, remove sd card, try a usb port in the back of the computer, don't use a front one

WcHorse

Reaction score
I read a couple things. One suggestion was to use Firefox to download the files (IDK but worth a try I suppose) and another was to use 7zip to unzip the sbf file(not Winrar) Had FTB4 message on a past DX2 and was able to successfully SBF this one(I did use the Firefox/7zip suggestions because I was scared of another FTB4! )

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk