1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

failed root attempt last night

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by akatehpa1n, Jun 10, 2010.

1. akatehpa1n

akatehpa1n New Member

Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster. Last night I attempted to root my Droid to no avail. I'm currently running firmware 2.1-update 1 (I didn't wait for the ota update). I searched for hours and found that I needed to first pushed the sbf to my phone
    many threads say I can do this on stock 2.1. I downloaded rsd and tried to push via USB transfer but it immediately fails. I tried a master reset thinking that it may reset me to stock 2.0.1 but that's a big negative, (done at 2:30 am so I had to wait until this morning to reprogram my phone. :x) basically what I need to know is: how to either revert from 2.1-update 1 to stock 2.0.1 so I can either get the ota update or start from 2.0.1. I believe if I can do that, I could more than likely find the rest of the steps here for a successful root. Any advice or tips on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

3. akatehpa1n

akatehpa1n New Member

OK thanks ehud, this is the problem I encounter. When trying to flash the sbf rsdlite gives me this error. Failed flashing device. Failed flashing. (0x7100) phone connected
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Is your goal ultimately to install Froyo?
  5. akatehpa1n

akatehpa1n New Member

No not necessarily. I'd like to be able to overclock and use customroms. Froyo would just be icing on the cake.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Here's the deal: If you just install RSDlite, download SPRecovery, then install the latest version of Froyo it will root your phone. I downloaded the first version and no SuperUser but root is built into the latest build. I was surprised to see SU after I installed, but it says it will root in the instructions, I just missed it. So you can root pretty simply just by installing latest version of Froyo. You can get that from our news section.

Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Then install Froyo. Bam, you're rooted.
  7. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
  8. akatehpa1n

akatehpa1n New Member

Ok guys I think I figured it out, but an off topic question here, my phone is unrooted 2.1 any idea why my home and search touch keys wont work. They light and vibrate when pressed just no reaction? Edit: another factory reset took care of that.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
Search tags for this page

fix failed root for android#gsc.tab

rooting android fail middle of process

whay if rooting fails on android