Failed ROM Install Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by vigs07r, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

So I rooted my phone right after I got it, kept it on stock ROM. It has been working great for months. Today I decided to try the cyanogen 7, switch things up a bit. I have the clockworkmod v3.0.0.5 and I downloaded the ROM through the app, did a full backup off the rooted ROM, and went for the install. Everything went smooth, backed up fine, then came the install.

My issue is that it will boot to the cyangen 7 loading screen but won't go past it! I have booted into the recovery which takes me to the clockworkMod Recovery screen. From there I see reboot system, apply update from sd card, wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, install zip from sd, backup & restore, mounts & storage, and advanced. When I select any of them it won't go past the clockworkmod logo. I don't know what I can do! I just want it back to the rooted stock ROM!

I have taken out the SD card and put it in my PC. I can clearly see both backups, but the CWM won't let me select them!

Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

Have you tried a different version of clockwork like 2.5.x?
    ... you can always hard reset from hboot.
  3. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

How would I install it?

And I have tried hard reset, but that takes me to the CWM screen.
  4. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

5. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

Ok I went back to CWM v2.5.1.2...It still freezes like 3.0.0.5 did. So I downloaded the stock rom. I did the update and rebooted. It boots back into cyanogen 7! WTF! I am so lost now. I thought it would fix it by restoring to stock 2.2 but it goes right back to the way it was.
  6. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

I just tried a factory reset and it did its thing then rebooted. It went to the cyanogen 7 and it works now. Weird!! But now I have to reactivate my phone? O well atleast it works now.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  7. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

Sorry, I stepped away. Its good that you got it running but I'd still be concerned with why it happened in the first place. The only thing I can think of is some people have this type of issue when flashing MIUI through certain versions of CWM.
  8. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

I'm not sure what is going on. I tried restoring to my backup and the stock 2.2 and got a phone picture with a red symbol next to it after the HTC screen loads.
  9. vigs07r

vigs07r New Member

Got everything working nicely. I flashed to ROM manager v4.1.0.0 and CWM recovery v3.0.0.8. Both have been working flawless!

Biggest thing I noticed is that when swapping ROMs is to make sure you find a good working version. I installed another ROM and didn't notice it was on an older version of ROM Manager and it wouldn't backup or let me install another ROM....I guess I am learning still. lol
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
Search tags for this page
clockwork rom installtion failed
fail to load rom android
failed to load rom help
failed to load rom in android
install miui on s4 won'tgo past logo

my android wont let me download roms

my phone failes to download roms
phone will not let me download roms

rom installation failed

rom manager install failed