Failed .215 Leak installation

Lester52

Reaction score
I tried to install Matty P's .215 leak, I have the file in my SC Card went through the process everything was good until I began the install / I got a failed message/ E:signature verification failed.
How can I correct this issue?
Thanks !

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I tried to install Matty P's .215 leak, I have the file in my SC Card went through the process everything was good until I began the install / I got a failed message/ E:signature verification failed.
How can I correct this issue?
Thanks !
Are you sure you have the downloaded .zip on you external sdcard.

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
Yes it's there in my SC CARD, but when i press on it to open I get a message thats there was an error on file.
I was not sure what the best way is to transfer the zip file from my pc, I have it saved and then i plug in my usb cord
to my phone from the pc and i not real sure how it showed up on my phone.
Could use some advice on the best wat to transfer the file after plugging in to pc and phone.
Again thanks very much.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yes it's there in my SC CARD, but when i press on it to open I get a message thats there was an error on file.
I was not sure what the best way is to transfer the zip file from my pc, I have it saved and then i plug in my usb cord
Could use some advice on the best wat to transfer the file after plugging in to pc and phone.
Again thanks very much.
Delete the file on your sdcard-ext. With your phone pluged into your PC copy the .zip file on your computer and paste the file to your sdcard-ext. Once you have the file on your sdcard disconnect your phone from the PC, power off your phone, press the power, volume up and volume down keys together, you will boot into a black screen with white lettering. Scroll to recovery with the volume keys then press volume up and down together, that puts you into stock recovery. Now scroll down to install from sdcard, select with power key, then select the .zip file that is on your sdcard by pressing the power key. Standby and let the phone do its thing...do not interrupt it.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Again thanks very much.

Keep in mind you have two things labeled as SD. SD Card and SD Card-Ext. It must be on the Ext. The other thing is you don't open the file. You have to be in Recovery by powering off your phone and loading from there. When you plug in your phone to your computer, you should see both of these SD Cards..your phone should show up as if it were a storage drive. Scroll down and look for these labels. Again, make sure the file is in the ext

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
.215 Leak download still not working

Thanks for everyones suggestions but I'm still getting the same message. I put off trying this for a while (months)
but after following matty's classroom thread for a while it looked pretty simple and in fact it is now that I've went through the steps 4 times, 2 from my pc download deleting that one and downloading the file from my phone directly to my internal storage then moving the file to the extenal SC Card and trying that twice.
I've never seen anyone else on matty's thread have this problem ( E:signature verification failed ) is there away to turn off signature verification and another question I have is something I've read on this and other forums about this problem, some say to make sure and download into the root of your external sd card, what the hack does that mean, how would i know if i did or not?
Hope someone can come up with a answer to this problem, would really like to have and enjoy this upgrade on my razr maxx!
Thanks Guys !

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones suggestions but I'm still getting the same message. I put off trying this for a while (months)
but after following matty's classroom thread for a while it looked pretty simple and in fact it is now that I've went through the steps 4 times, 2 from my pc download deleting that one and downloading the file from my phone directly to my internal storage then moving the file to the extenal SC Card and trying that twice.
I've never seen anyone else on matty's thread have this problem ( E:signature verification failed ) is there away to turn off signature verification and another question I have is something I've read on this and other forums about this problem, some say to make sure and download into the root of your external sd card, what the hack does that mean, how would i know if i did or not?
Hope someone can come up with a answer to this problem, would really like to have and enjoy this upgrade on my razr maxx!
Thanks Guys !

Basically don't put the downloaded file in a folder. Also don't open the file. Leave it as it was when you downloaded. If I am not mistaken..I think I did get this error and it was because the file was in my internal sd. When you plug your phone into your computer do you see the downloaded file in the external sd. I know this is frustrating, but as I mentioned before the SD labels is confusing and I am just trying to make sure it is clear. Sorry you are still having trouble.

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
Basically don't put the downloaded file in a folder. Also don't open the file. Leave it as it was when you downloaded. If I am not mistaken..I think I did get this error and it was because the file was in my internal sd. When you plug your phone into your computer do you see the downloaded file in the external sd. I know this is frustrating, but as I mentioned before the SD labels is confusing and I am just trying to make sure it is clear. Sorry you are still having trouble.

Thanks for the reply..
Please explain what your saying when your telling me not to put the file in a folder! When i clicked on Matty P link with my razr phone it downloaded the file directly to my internal storage, its easy to see when you open up the file mamager, I then press and hold it and hit move till i see an option for SDCard and hit move again and its transfered to my SDCard file. Is there a better way to move the file from internal storage to my SDCard file.
Thanks