fail to SBF-ing

limamil

Reaction score
as i forget to wipe before installing GB on CWM.. my droid2 stars to boot loop..

i go to stock recovery, wipe.. and trying to sbf-ing the 2.3.20 FULL SBF file via rds lite 4,7 but seems fail at the begining of flashing..

i have d 2.37 bootloader, the phone is ok to program, but the status on the rsd said "chipset type 50 is not supported"..

when i start the flashing, it failed because it unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file.

please some body help me?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Make sure to take out your SD card before SBFing. And when you connect to RSDlite, your device shows up properly? Verify that you have the most current SBF for your device.

Was SBFing necessary? After you forgot to wipe, did you then wipe and flash it again?

Sorry I have no more info on this as I use the OG droid. (unbrickable)

Good luck

OP
L

limamil

Reaction score
i try upgrade my rsd..
now i use 4.9 and it seems working..

SW update in progress..

OP
L

limamil

Reaction score
done..
yippie..

thanks all..
:icon_ banana:

americanz

Reaction score
Make sure to take out your SD card before SBFing. And when you connect to RSDlite, your device shows up properly? Verify that you have the most current SBF for your device.

Was SBFing necessary? After you forgot to wipe, did you then wipe and flash it again?

Sorry I have no more info on this as I use the OG droid. (unbrickable)

Good luck

take the sd out? i never have i have sbf 2 or 3 times. what does it do if you dont?? what i am i risking lol

D

dankarlinski

It doesn't guarentee any damage if you leave itin.. however, there are various things that COULD happen it its left in.

Sent using my GingerDroid2 (Apex rc2)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the sd thing.

Anyway, use rsd lite 4.9 and the full sbf file. Make sure the drivers are good and that you're on a 2.0 usb. Also what system are you on? Xp? Win 7?

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have heard of SIM and SD card sbf issues with D2G owners.

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Brad, have you seen the new rom for the dx by mobile sensei, jboxen etc..? It's called shuji. It looks nice. Its based off the gb leak tho. Supposed to be a optimized apex like rom. No d2 port yet of course. I'm still waiting on justice for gods sake!

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Brad, have you seen the new rom for the dx by mobile sensei, jboxen etc..? It's called shuji. It looks nice. Its based off the gb leak tho. Supposed to be a optimized apex like rom. No d2 port yet of course. I'm still waiting on justice for gods sake!

CM74D2

I might have to try it just to see... I still don't think a GB based ROM can compare to CM7. ;)

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. If it was me though, I have to try every rom out there just out of curiosity ;)

CM74D2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went back to completely stock 2.3.20, and the battery life is better than CM7 right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums