fail to flash SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf, need help!

nhat

Reaction score
rather not start a new thread so i hope you don't mind if i piggyback on your thread thinkmega...running into the same issues with flashing sprecovery_ese81 onto my droid with this info:
firmware: 2.1 update 1
kernel: 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788, android-build@apa26 #1
build number: ese81

using a dell laptop less than a 2yrs old with windows vista installed and updated. tried all 4 usb ports as well as downloaded sprecovery_ese81 multiple times and each yielded the same results (rsdlite recognizes the phone, flashes to 100%, then fails) when trying to flash sprecovery with rsdlite 4.6 run as administrator. tried installing sprecovery through terminal emulator but entering 'su' gives me an access denied with no option of 'allow'. thought maybe i had already installed sprecovery awhile ago but pushing 'x' during boot gives me an error screen after the 'M' logo. i should also mention the phone goes into the boot loader if i push up on the dpad just fine and otherwise runs just fine as before. trying to flash sprecovery locks the phone and requires a battery pull to reboot.

not sure what else to do...i'll try using another laptop for now. i have a pretty good understanding with phone mods since i'm a blackberry convert. this is the first time i've tried to play with the droid. i'm content with stock 2.1 but i've decided to install 2.2 since i'll be waiting for verizon to release a 4g android phone before i use my ne2 upgrade...even though the droid x is VERY tempting.

edit: tried a different laptop running xp sp2 and sprecovery is flashing now. vista is full of fail...however, i'm not getting a 'please manually power up this phone' even though the phone has already booted back up on its own.

Last edited:
OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
nhat, I got that message too. I think it is routine. ? Basically I leave my phone attached until the entire reboot process is completed, at around the same time I get that message too. So I pull the phone off the usb cable first, followed by closing the program (RSD Lite).

hope you enjoy the unlocked features in 2.2.

nhat

Reaction score
nhat, I got that message too. I think it is routine. ? Basically I leave my phone attached until the entire reboot process is completed, at around the same time I get that message too. So I pull the phone off the usb cable first, followed by closing the program (RSD Lite).

hope you enjoy the unlocked features in 2.2.

yup, i searched around and found that rsd lite sometimes gets stuck at the 'please manually power this phone on' after it has completed flashing. so i disconnected the phone after it booted up completely and everything is fine. closed rsd lite even though it warned of 'damaging' the phone.

holding off on installing root and froyo for a couple days in case verizon/motorola push 2.2 OTA. silly rumors...

and another thing, i had motorola 4.2 usb drivers installed on this laptop which i believe prevented rsd lite from flashing rsd lite 4.6 onto my droid. installed 4.6 onto an older laptop running xp sp2 and flashed on the first try. i now have 4.6 installed on this laptop so hopefully that fixes the flashing issue.

Last edited: