1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Faded" Theme release WIP

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jatx2wne, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

"Get Faded" Theme release

FADED

Trying to bring you as much clean transparency as possible

Whats currently themed...

Audiomanager---Transparent(original apk is ecsneads blacked out audiomanager so thanks ecs.)
    Browser
    Calculator---transparent but with buttons.
    Camera---transparent
    Contacts
    DeskClock
    DownloadProvider
    Email---Transparent
    Facebook---Transparent(in faded addons)
    GenieWidget---transparent
    Gmail---transparent
    Google Search---transparent
    Messaging---transparent
    Phone
    Settings
    Superuser---Transparent
    talk---transparent and inverted. Credit for the original inverted app goes to the bowers
    Vending---transparent(this is basically the blacked out transparent market so credit to ecsnead for the pngs the only difference is I made the buttons match the rest of the theme)​

The font is pulled directly from avalon so credit for that goes to them for the fonts

Things Im working on
    Keyboards
    Settings---transparent
    Phone---transparent
    Im sure theres more but thats all for now

Changelog

-Updated 1-6-11 to PE 4.1​

-fixed menu bg text being cutoff
    -added some images to framework like toast BG and the BGs behind things like the volume being changed. Hope you enjoy:)

-Updated 1-11-11
    -fixed Download text in the notification bar being cutoff​
    -added transparent Email​

Updated 1-15-11​

-changed the notification panel bg hope people like it if you guys dont i can go back to the other one
    -added gtalk with inverted conversations and everywhere else should be transparent
    -added a folder to the zip which will drop onto your sdcard and includes the addons. Currently had google voice audio manager and a transparent droid forums app
    -changed zips apparently the last ones werent compatible with sprecovery and these should be
    -Updated to the newest market version​

Updated 1-19-11​

-Updated to PE 4.2 amazing rom thanks to the project elite team for all there hard work
    -added transparent facebook to the faded addons.(credit to tp76 for the transparent widget the original apk I used was the inverted one so credit also goes to xkape the bowers and kookhadoo
    -transparent superuser app(I know we never actually go into the app but hey why not)
    -themed most framework menu icons.(im not sure if they are keepers so let me know what you guys think) Also changed all settings menu icons.(credit to xylomon from deviant art)​

Please visit the main thread for more screenshots and additional add on apps​

Link to main thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/113321-get-faded-theme-release-wip.html

Downloads

PE42 with animations... FADEDpe42anim.zip

PE42 without animations... FADEDpe42.zip

PE41 without transitions... FADEDpe41.zip

PE41 with transitions... FADEDpe41trans.zip

Install Instructions: I have only tested this with clockwork recovery so I dont know if it works with sprecovery...if it doesnt and its needed i will fix it. For the theme just boot into recovery and install like any other .zip . For the installable apps you can install those like any other app the only issue you may run into is you may need to uninstall your current version of the app.

Please post your thoughts, any suggestions or wants you may have and any and all screenshots.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  2. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Thats looking great man. Im excited to rock this when it is done!
  3. jatx2wne

Thank you....its a pretty complete theme now (I dont know that it will ever be fully complete Im always trying to do more lol) let me what type of other things you would like to see themed
  4. burntorangefan

burntorangefan New Member

That looks terrific. If you need any beta testers, let me know. I'm always eager to play guinea pig.
  5. jatx2wne

I added a link to the op the other links for the installable apps are in the main thread it will just be easiest to keep that thread the most up to date and I plan on doing this for multiple roms
  6. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

Looks awesome to me!
  7. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

jatx.. all your cutoff text... you ever try maybe a different font?
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  8. xkape

jatx..also.. I have attached two blank templates. One is for a D1 and one is for the DInc. Just put your frame and your apps in and change the META-INF script. Will install to each phone regardless of SP or CW.
  9. jatx2wne

unfortuantely yes i wish it was that easy. The status bar download provider is because of the border around item background and if i edit the text size to be small enough to fit the DLprovider crashes for whatever reason and your unable to DL anything. As for the menuBGs ive tried everything I could imagine(hence the reason ive decided to release with cutoff text) Ill figure it out at some point I hope but I want scrapping the project over a couple text issues lol

Thanks for the templates X its much appreciated
  10. xkape

jatx... I am stabbing in the dark here but... possibly, the ROM calls for a certain dip to fit the text in. Perhaps if you made that bigger it would fit? I am just basing this off when I ran UD and his music controls overlapped each other in 2.0 (i think). I changed those dips to spread them out.

Or, kinda like, in the frame, if for example, the keyboard called for (im making these numbers up) 48x48 button.. if yours was bigger than that, it wouldnt fit. That would generally cause a bootloop though so I dunno.
  11. jatx2wne

Im using all the stock icon images but it does look like the icons are chopping off the text ill have to see what happens if i make them smaller
  12. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

This Look Absolutely AWESOME!!! im def digging this bro keep this going. pm me as well when youhave some time
  13. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

That looks fantastic jatx!!

If you want to make your toast background black, PM me and I'll send you the png I'm using for that.
  14. jatx2wne

Thank you...I think ill get to the toast bg tonight hopefully I already got the bgs like when you change your volume just overlooked them I guess...I found a fix for the the icons in menu BGs cutting off the text(its a pain I dont know the real problem so im makeing the canvas's of all the images smaller) but that will hopefully be done tonight and ill also upload another zip including the animations
  15. Nuance

Nuance New Member

This theme looks great man - well done sir!
  16. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 New Member

Looks great! Can't wait to try it once the little bugs are squashed
  17. jatx2wne

I should have an update tonight fixing the cut off text in most menu bgs...the only place it will still exist is on market apps which I can't fix until I find out whatever the real problem is.....ill also add a dl for the theme with animations
  18. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 New Member

Sounds good, I'll be looking forward to it, this is totally my style.. thanks for the hard work!
  19. xkape

jatx.. what was the cause of the other text issues? And what do you mean by still exist on MARKET apps? Ones you get from the market? Apps that show up when you are in the market?
  20. jatx2wne

well the issue for whatever reason the bottom 15 pixels or so are transparent on all ic_menu_pngs i think normally the text shows through that...but currently for me its not i havent figured out why yet. So I basically am going through and making all the pngs smaller not the actual image just the canvas and the text shows up. I can only do this in framework and aystem apps though so if the images arent pulled from there the issue still remains

Edit: woohoo I think I found a real fix in xmls so all text will be fixed. ahhhhh ive been messing with this for literally a week atleast(so i know how you felt with FB) and i finally got something
Search tags for this page

baixar faded theme