Factory Reset

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
I tried wiping in CWM cache and format, but my data is still on my phone and when I reflashed phone my phone home screen was blank last time I flashed ROM it had like my Google folder and some other stuff. Also my Jellybean Stock ROM doesn't allow my WiFi tether to work. So what it a good jellybean ROM? I hear vicious is good.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I tried wiping in CWM cache and format, but my data is still on my phone and when I reflashed phone my phone home screen was blank last time I flashed ROM it had like my Google folder and some other stuff. Also my Jellybean Stock ROM doesn't allow my WiFi tether to work. So what it a good jellybean ROM? I hear vicious is good.

JellyBelly is probably the most popular, mainly due to the fact it was one of the first out (from the GSM OTA port, and source versions too) as well as the dev is a machine and puts out an update or two almost every day, making the crackflashers happy. Vicious, RootzBoat, SlimICS, ParanoidAndroid, kejar's JB (although unfortunately he is calling it quits), Pete's Bugless Beast, among many others are all fine ROMs and ROM devs too. I probably would recommend JellyBelly just due to it's popularity, if you haven't tried it already.

About wifi tether, I believe Jelly Belly has that working, but I could be wrong. I am not a big tetherer ( I have done it once since I had the Galaxy Nexus ), so I rarely pay attention, or care if it works. I would imagine that it does though.

About your wipe I am a little confused about this. When you say your data is still on the phone what do you mean? All of your apps remained? Are you sure Google's auto restore didn't restore them? Default setup has some things on your screens, this is depending on what launcher is used. Perhaps the developers changed this. I believe there are 3 screens with a few widgets, folders and shortcuts by default on most launchers. Sorry if I misunderstood this question/problem, my brain isn't operating on all 4 cylinders today (although it is rare that it does).

OP
I

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
My tether just won't work on jelly belly either. I get an exclamation point on my WiFi on computer. Regular WiFi works. Is there a way to sbf my phone completely back to stock?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
OP
I

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
THANK YOU! Tether works now, and JellyBelly supports it, just not the wifi tether app. Anyway it seems 3.4 is a little sluggish for its "built for speed" title.

I had a stock jelly bean rom that was first released and it was perfect, minus the after 2 days it would boot loop for no reason.

Im just bugged over speed, but I would like to know where to get the notification buttons to have flashlight, wifi, gps, ect in the navigation bar?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
THANK YOU! Tether works now, and JellyBelly supports it, just not the wifi tether app. Anyway it seems 3.4 is a little sluggish for its "built for speed" title.

I had a stock jelly bean rom that was first released and it was perfect, minus the after 2 days it would boot loop for no reason.

Im just bugged over speed, but I would like to know where to get the notification buttons to have flashlight, wifi, gps, ect in the navigation bar?

There are numerous apps in the market that can get that stuff into your statusbar.

Power Controls - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc
Widgetsoid - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2
Notification Toggle - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle
SwitchPro (paid) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=alei.switchpro

OP
I

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
Thanks man! The Notification Toggle looks the best!

Ohh and what about the speed. The first stock Jelly Bean ROM that came out was super fast, but 3.4 is lagging when I text people. What's up with that? Even downloaded SetCPU and put it at 1400 but still slow...

EDIT: Ohh and where is Google Wallet?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Thanks man! The Notification Toggle looks the best!

Ohh and what about the speed. The first stock Jelly Bean ROM that came out was super fast, but 3.4 is lagging when I text people. What's up with that? Even downloaded SetCPU and put it at 1400 but still slow...

EDIT: Ohh and where is Google Wallet?

Speed I am not sure what the problem could be. Is there anything running taking up battery? I don't run JellyBelly, so I have no clue what could be wrong, and would just be taking shots in the dark otherwise. I think there is an update to it, perhaps try it. Perhaps try a different ROM, different folks have different experiences with different ROMs sometimes.

About your text lag, I have heard some folks say there is lag with the JB keyboard. I didn't stick with it long enough to get a get a good feel for it. If it is another keyboard, perhaps that one hasn't been updated to work properly on JB, and it is the issue.

Google Wallet I am not sure, I haven't read anything about it. Perhaps the old browser trick still works.

OP
I

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
Old browser trick?

Oh and how would I update a rom?

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The old browser trick basically had you open a web browser, go to the market in the browser, and search for google wallet. Then install it on your Galaxy Nexus. How to: Install Google Wallet From the Market on the Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus – Droid Life <-- with instructions and video. That is from Feb, so it is old and probably outdated/non-working by now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.netapex.org.getgooglewallet <-- that seems to get good reviews. Seems to be VZW GN users using it, so perhaps it works.

To update ROM you download it, and Gapps if required, and install them in custom recvoery. It may require a wipe if coming from a different ROM or the developer recommends it.