Factory Reset?

T

TheAlpha

I'm thinking of factory resetting cuz my RAZR lags sometimes and responds slowly. I was wondering what exactly is does and what I can do to save AS MUCH AS I CAN before doing it. Thx:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had this same issue not too long ago. Are you completely stock?. If so, this is what I did to remedy this situation.WARNING: if you do this, you will have to setup your home screen again because this will make it revert back to how it looks out of the box. You WILL however keep all of your apps. You just have to put everything back to how you like it.

Go into settings, applications, manage applications, tap all, scroll down to home screen. Tap it, tap clear data. That made a huge difference for me. My phone was lagging and was slow and unresponsive.

Hope this helps???

OP
T

TheAlpha

I had this same issue not too long ago. Are you completely stock?. If so, this is what I did to remedy this situation.WARNING: if you do this, you will have to setup your home screen again because this will make it revert back to how it looks out of the box. You WILL however keep all of your apps. You just have to put everything back to how you like it.

Go into settings, applications, manage applications, tap all, scroll down to home screen. Tap it, tap clear data. That made a huge difference for me. My phone was lagging and was slow and unresponsive.

Hope this helps???

Yes, I'm stock; never rooted.

OP
T

TheAlpha

What would happen if I had done what you just told me to do?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your home screen would revert back to stock. Everything would stay on your phone. All you do is setup your home screen with icon and widget layout and wall paper. Its pretty painless. Your phone would LOOK like it did when you first got it. But it would still have all of your apps and settings.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This solved my lag issue. Without losing everything to a factory reset.

OP
T

TheAlpha

Thx so much. Is there anything else I can do?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Clear your caches and reboot/ power cycle the phone once a week. turn off the phone and let it charge fully in charge only mode once every 2-3 months.

OP
T

TheAlpha

Clear your caches and reboot/ power cycle the phone once a week. turn off the phone and let it charge fully in charge only mode once every 2-3 months.

How do I do a power cycle?

OP
T

TheAlpha

How do I do a power cycle? And I know generally what they are but what EXACTLY are caches and what purpose do they have?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you go into apps, and downloaded. Tap on an app like Facebook. You will see an area that says clear cache. Tap it. I do this on apps like DROID forums and most other apps.

You can do a simulated battery pull, or you can do a simple power off, power on. Either way is good.

OP
T

TheAlpha

If you go into apps, and downloaded. Tap on an app like Facebook. You will see an area that says clear cache. Tap it. I do this on apps like DROID forums and most other apps.

You can do a simulated battery pull, or you can do a simple power off, power on. Either way is good.

Thx. Any other tips/advice to stop the lagging?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thx. Any other tips/advice to stop the lagging?

No... its odd because some people don't get this issue. What tipped me off to it was I had a foreclose issue with home screen. I tried lots of stuff until the issue made itself clear.

The one thing I can't stress enough is TURN YOUR PHONE OFF AND LET IT CHARGE. I do it all the time, but you only need to do it once every 2-3 months. It could just be in my head, but I think that the battery holds a charge better when I do. Actually there is proof that the phone may only charge to 70% when it charges while on.

Keep your phone clean. I run an antivirus once every month then uninstall it. That's not a necessity... its personal preference.

Get an app like history ereaser... find one YOU like. And use it every month. Again PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Hope this helps?
I'm like you by the way, bone stock...on this phone.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheAlpha

No... its odd because some people don't get this issue. What tipped me off to it was I had a foreclose issue with home screen. I tried lots of stuff until the issue made itself clear.

The one thing I can't stress enough is TURN YOUR PHONE OFF AND LET IT CHARGE. I do it all the time, but you only need to do it once every 2-3 months. It could just be in my head, but I think that the battery holds a charge better when I do. Actually there is proof that the phone may only charge to 70% when it charges while on.

Keep your phone clean. I run an antivirus once every month then uninstall it. That's not a necessity... its personal preference.

Get an app like history ereaser... find one YOU like. And use it every month. Again PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

Hope this helps?
I'm like you by the way, bone stock...on this phone.

How much is this antivirus and where do you find it?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How much is this antivirus and where do you find it?

Free, go to the play store and type in antivirus. Find one with high ratings and there ya go. I run it and then uninstall it because they are said to change how your phone acts. How true this is idk... but I do know that when I left it on my phone, it acted differently.

Last edited: