bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Last edited:

eidian

Reaction score
Really? I thought Verizon or Motorola can now find out if you're rooted or not even if you unroot it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I guess that they could check if they care to. I suspect that they don't care whether the phone is rooted or not until you make a claim of some kind for warranty issues. If either were to check the phone for root electronically without your consent, I can see a lawsuit claiming infringement of your privacy.

Moto/VZW knowing whether or not your phone is rooted shouldn't be a consideration when deciding to root. Need to revert for a warranty issue? Use the Razr utility before dealing with VZW.

Running rooted ICS

Trash Can

Reaction score
Rooting is so easy now with the utility as well as reverting back that I'd suggest at least considering it. Your situation is one that would benefit from rooting.

Running rooted ICS

It may be easy but you still can get yourself in a heap of trouble real quick if you don't know what you are doing.

I don't want to sound mean, but given some of the questions the OP asked in this similar thread , I don't recommend he root his device at this time.

It probably would be better for you to not be running two threads on the same topic.

Besides being against the forum rules (check number four), it makes it more difficult for other users to properly help you arrive at your real issue if you have two completely separate conversations going at the same time. You should probably focus on your initial thread in the RAZR support forum since that's the section your questions fit best with.

Agree, it can be hard to follow the discussion.