Factory Reset

Mike8016

Reaction score
I am doing a factory reset tomorrow so i can get the Nexus. I unistalled some of the bloatware instead of freezing it. If i do a factory reset will them come back?

Thanks

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I think your safest option is to sbf

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am doing a factory reset tomorrow so i can get the Nexus. I unistalled some of the bloatware instead of freezing it. If i do a factory reset will them come back?

Thanks

It will not come back with a Factory Data Reset.

You can return to full stock with this and here is a writeup I did recently: The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Mike8016

Reaction score

You can return to full stock with this and here is a writeup I did recently: The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
I am going to do this right now. Thanks for saving my ass.

Mike8016

Reaction score

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU SAVED ME. Everything worked perfectly.

Tillmorn

Reaction score

Thanks Bayou, you just saved my butt after getting stuck in a bootloop! Now on to reflashing [K]in3tx and setting everything up the long way, since this all started because my TiBu folder disappeared on me :/

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Hey, I'm actually happy. This made me finally suck it up and get 43V3R root, plus the OTA, before reflashing to [K]IN3TX again.

NickSaul

Reaction score
I have a question about this method. If I'm on the leaked 5.7.894, can I use this method to go back to 5.5.886 and then update to 5.8.894? I ask this because there's currently no way, that I know of, to just jump straight from 5.7.894 to 5.8.894. I would just like to have the latest leaked update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bayou, you just saved my butt after getting stuck in a bootloop! Now on to reflashing [K]in3tx and setting everything up the long way, since this all started because my TiBu folder disappeared on me :/

You should look into using safestrap instead of bootstrap. It gives you an option to get into recovery by powering phone off then on again instead of having to hook your phone to the computer and run a script.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question about this method. If I'm on the leaked 5.7.894, can I use this method to go back to 5.5.886 and then update to 5.8.894? I ask this because there's currently no way, that I know of, to just jump straight from 5.7.894 to 5.8.894. I would just like to have the latest leaked update.

Not sure actually. You may have to restore with RSD Lite. Again not totally sure how to go backwards from 894 or if you actually need too.

PatG

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a factory reset on my 3 day old Rezound. I think I have read some threads around here that it may fix battery life. Mine is pretty bad; I want to give it a shot. Is there any way to back up installed apps AND configuration data so that I don't have to start from scratch after the reset.

Thanks!!

BTW - and how do you do a factory reset??