Factory Reset

LadyJ

Reaction score
I was going to do a factory reset and CANNOT for the life of me find the privacy setting in my settings. IT IS NOT THERE and it's pissing me off. I know it was there before because I have seen it. And the guy at the VZ store did a factory reset. Doing one is not an issue for me because I don't have much on it. Any help? I know there's another way and I can't seem to make that work either.

OP
L

LadyJ

Reaction score
Never mind. I found the option under SD/Phone Storage not Privacy like the freakin' manual says.

Reaction score
I was going to do a factory reset and CANNOT for the life of me find the privacy setting in my settings. IT IS NOT THERE and it's pissing me off. I know it was there before because I have seen it. And the guy at the VZ store did a factory reset. Doing one is not an issue for me because I don't have much on it. Any help? I know there's another way and I can't seem to make that work either.

not sure about the privacy setting but menu, sd& phone storage will bring up the factory data reset option. had to do this for mine when it started freezing up on me daily and back to new.

never mind my post then see you found it.

ajwd40

Reaction score
I am selling my Thunderbolt and would like to know how to wipe it clean and put it back to factory settings before I ship it off. Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How to hard reset the HTC ThunderBolt - Know Your Cell

How to hard reset the HTC ThunderBolt

We show you how to factory reset the HTC ThunderBolt to clear all data and restore its original settings

Published on Jan 12, 2011

The HTC ThunderBolt is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again.
Here, we show you how to hard reset the HTC ThunderBolt with step by step instructions.
Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC ThunderBolt as a result of this procedure. This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
First, try this:

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
  2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
  3. Tap Factory data reset
  4. Tap Reset phone
  5. Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC ThunderBolt is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC ThunderBolt. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Did you root it? If so a simple factory reset will not unroot it. But if it's not rooted, simply go into settings, SD and phone storage and select factory reset at the bottom. That should clean it up for ya.

Just curious as to why you're selling it - if ya don't mind.me asking.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ajwd40

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you very much. I am selling it because I really dislike the phone, have a lot of problems with it. Very sluggish performance, resets itself often, 3G constantly dropping off with the 3G override done. Going back to my original Droid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Bummer ... Sorry to hear you've had so many issues. I take it you lost your upgrade now :(

ajwd40

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately.. but it's ok I guess. I am making a little profit off the phone so it's not all bad

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Not trying to twist you arm and have you do something you don't want to, but have you considered rooting it? I was pretty unhappy with battery and GPS until I rooted and loaded a custom ROM.

Just saying ... ;)

ajwd40

Reaction score
Just didn't wanna deal with the hassle and didn't like it when I'd rooted my original Droid. Also an additional question.. if you would know.. I just reactivated my old Droid and it told me that my SIM card would be deactivated in 90 days. I am shipping the phone out tomorrow, what does the SIM card do?

jogutier

Reaction score
dancedroid
Not trying to twist you arm and have you do something you don't want to, but have you considered rooting it? I was pretty unhappy with battery and GPS until I rooted and loaded a custom ROM.

Just saying ... ;)

Are you having any technical diffulculties with yours??? I am really considering even changing carriers over this stupid phone. Even after the update I can't keep a constant 3G connection. WTF!!!! I've rooted my other phone but waited on a really easy one. Know of any easy roots for the Thunderbolt? I would love a one click root or something. LOL! :icon_ banana:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Just didn't wanna deal with the hassle and didn't like it when I'd rooted my original Droid. Also an additional question.. if you would know.. I just reactivated my old Droid and it told me that my SIM card would be deactivated in 90 days. I am shipping the phone out tomorrow, what does the SIM card do?

Honestly I am not 100% sure what the SIM card does ... Sorry!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
dancedroid

Just saying ... ;)

Are you having any technical diffulculties with yours??? I am really considering even changing carriers over this stupid phone. Even after the update I can't keep a constant 3G connection. WTF!!!! I've rooted my other phone but waited on a really easy one. Know of any easy roots for the Thunderbolt? I would love a one click root or something. LOL! :icon_ banana:

I did the method that was posted with the video tutorial ... It seems like a long/difficult process but it really not that bad at all. If you can copy/paste and follow simple directions you can root ;)

prsmith

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 Global and I need to set it back to stock. A friend of mine rooted it and also installed clockworkmod recovery. Unfortunately, my friend is no longer with us. I unrooted it using the unroot option in the Z4 application. I can't get rid of clockworkmod recovery. I don't care if I lose all of the data on the phone, I just need it stock. I have read about SBFing the phone, but have read many different ways of doing it. If that is the ONLY solution would someone point me to directions on the easiest way to do this. Thanks in advance.