1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Factory reset - how long does it take, time-wise?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by LadySiren, Mar 16, 2010.

1. LadySiren

LadySiren New Member

Update: Of course, as soon as I posted, it finished. Wipe completed, now off to brain the husband with the largest frying pan I can find in the cupboard.

Okay, so the husband, who can't leave well enough alone, decided to "play" with my Droid today. Can you guess what's coming? Yep, he bricked my phone with the "too many pattern attempts" bug. The additional email workaround didn't work (kept getting a Google server error message) so I bit the bullet and decided to follow the instructions for a factory reset.

Now, I've got the unboxing graphic on the screen...and it's been there for quite some time. How long should I expect a wipe back to factory settings to take? I'm worried that the process is stuck and it's now not doing anything at all. Should the wipe take more than 10 - 15 minutes?

Any info appreciated.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It didn't take long at all. Are you doing a hard factory reset or factory reset from the privacy menu?
Search tags for this page
android factory reset how long does it take
android factory reset taking too long
how long does a factory data reset take

how long does a factory reset take

how long does a factory reset take android

how long does a hard reset take
how long does factory reset take

how long does factory reset take android

how long does it take for a phone to reset to factory settin
how long does it take to do a factory reset
how long does it take to factory reset a phone