Factory reset - how long does it take, time-wise?

LadySiren

Reaction score
Update: Of course, as soon as I posted, it finished. Wipe completed, now off to brain the husband with the largest frying pan I can find in the cupboard.

Okay, so the husband, who can't leave well enough alone, decided to "play" with my Droid today. Can you guess what's coming? Yep, he bricked my phone with the "too many pattern attempts" bug. The additional email workaround didn't work (kept getting a Google server error message) so I bit the bullet and decided to follow the instructions for a factory reset.

Now, I've got the unboxing graphic on the screen...and it's been there for quite some time. How long should I expect a wipe back to factory settings to take? I'm worried that the process is stuck and it's now not doing anything at all. Should the wipe take more than 10 - 15 minutes?

Any info appreciated.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, so the husband, who can't leave well enough alone, decided to "play" with my Droid today. Can you guess what's coming? Yep, he bricked my phone with the "too many pattern attempts" bug. The additional email workaround didn't work (kept getting a Google server error message) so I bit the bullet and decided to follow the instructions for a factory reset.

Now, I've got the unboxing graphic on the screen...and it's been there for quite some time. How long should I expect a wipe back to factory settings to take? I'm worried that the process is stuck and it's now not doing anything at all. Should the wipe take more than 10 - 15 minutes?

Any info appreciated.

It didn't take long at all. Are you doing a hard factory reset or factory reset from the privacy menu?