Factory Reset Apps Gone/Contacts Question

black04redline

Reaction score
I completed a factory reset last night because of the "forgot unlock pattern" situation. Well when I go into the market place and go to downloads, not all of my apps that I previously had are there. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also I was curious so that I don't have to modify my contacts list if I need to do this in the future, if I export my contacts to my SD Card AFTER I modify them (delete old, add new, etc), will they then overwrite the existing contacts on my SD Card?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Only paid apps are listed in the download section of the market...

You contacts should come back automatically from the cloud...were you synced to Google?

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Yes, and when I loaded my contacts from Google, I noticed that it only had contacts that were added to my lists only after I purchased my Droid...hope that can help you help me =)

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i'm not following your issue. if you have a google account, any contact setup on your phone, under tha google account, will sync with that google account.

if you have contacts on a file on your SD card that you need to import, you will create dupes if they already exist.

OP
B

black04redline

Reaction score
Im synced with google and it only loaded contacts that were added to my contacts after I purchased my Droid. Not all 260 of my contacts. I loaded from my SD Card, but since the contacts were saved to my SD Card I cleaned up alot of my contacts. Well after I imported from my SD Card they were back to original. Also, anyone know how I can get Swype keyboard back?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im synced with google and it only loaded contacts that were added to my contacts after I purchased my Droid. Not all 260 of my contacts. I loaded from my SD Card, but since the contacts were saved to my SD Card I cleaned up alot of my contacts. Well after I imported from my SD Card they were back to original. Also, anyone know how I can get Swype keyboard back?

The same problem happened with me, except when i did my restore i made a backup of all contacts prior to doing it just incase they didn't restore. Come to find out if you had a dumb phone prior to this, the way they transfer contacts over is by putting a file on your SD card with your contacts on it, at least that's what they did with mine. If you go to contacts and do a import / export look at your SD card to see if there is a .csv file or something similar, the reason this happened was because when they did my phone, they added the contacts before i was synced with google, and for some reason just didn't sync those contacts up.. was odd, once added back they synced up fine.

The only thing I could think that happened with your contacts was that they were saved on the .csv fine but when it synced up with google, it may have overwritten them. (If they were all synced with google)