Factory reset after 2.3 OS push

SleepyTheDon

Reaction score
Should you do a factory reset and if your not rooted how do you keep all your apps and game save files?

sent from my thunderbolt paperweight

turdbogls

Reaction score
Should you do a factory reset and if your not rooted how do you keep all your apps and game save files?

usually with an official OTA from verizon a data wipe is not necessary.

you can wipe if you like, but not necessary.
all your apps and contacts are backed up with Google, so once you sign in, they should start downloading/syncing automatically. and with 4G it should only take like 10 minutes to download everything :)

as for the game saves, i think you are out of luck there without being rooted. with root, you can backup and save anything and everything on your phone with titanium backup. i have been rooted on every phone so if there is an option for something similar but without root, i dont know about it.

ziggy484

Reaction score

usually with an official OTA from verizon a data wipe is not necessary.

you can wipe if you like, but not necessary.
all your apps and contacts are backed up with Google, so once you sign in, they should start downloading/syncing automatically. and with 4G it should only take like 10 minutes to download everything :)

as for the game saves, i think you are out of luck there without being rooted. with root, you can backup and save anything and everything on your phone with titanium backup. i have been rooted on every phone so if there is an option for something similar but without root, i dont know about it.

with an official OTA, you don't lose anything, no apps, game data, nothing. OTA's don't wipe anything, and there is no need to wipe or factory reset after an OTA... not automaticaly anyway, maybe if you have some kind of issues afterwards.