Factory qi nfc back for vzw

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Any body know where to pick one up at? My friend tried amazon and got what was supposed to be a factory enabled qi charging back.. It looks to me like a sticker was put on it and it doesn't work worth a crud.. Does lg sell them?

If you know of any that work like they should.. Please post a link below to that seller.. Thanx..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Verizon sells an LG brand Qi charging pad. Not sure if they have backs specifically made for the Turbo yet so you'd have to look into that.

S5 tap'n

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Verizon sells an LG brand Qi charging pad. Not sure if they have backs specifically made for the Turbo yet so you'd have to look into that.

S5 tap'n
I have.. And even though they sold the backs.. They no longer have them.. All of the places I've found that sell the backs.. Are apparently lying or the design is flawed.. .. And they are adding the stickers... So they don't work correctly.. Idk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I believe the only one directly from LG in the U.S. is the Quick Circle case with wireless charging. Here it is from Verizon. From what I can tell, most of the Quick Circle cases on Amazon are not Qi-enabled.

LG did release a standard wireless charging back in some regions internationally, but they're a little hard to come by. Folks over at XDA-Developers have reported that this retailer has legit OEM wireless charging backs that retain NFC. Additionally, this one on Amazon is supposed to be the OEM wireless charging back with NFC. It has pretty good reviews, including specific mentions of it working with the Verizon model. Both look like potential options, but I can't personally vouch for either.

Make sure to stay away from any that mention compatibility with AT&T. The AT&T G3 uses PMA - an entirely different wireless charging standard.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bsweetness you win the cupcake dude... The only way to get a qi back for the vs985 4g is to use the quick circle case

I'm currently going at it with a seller on amazon that claimed their backs were factory enabled qi charging backs... Today i spoke to lg.. And found out exactly what you just said. So.. I feel that since I asked, and they specifically said.. It was.. So.. I'm going to make life a little harder on them..

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
You can carefully swap the sticker from the Quick Circle case to the standard back after you remove the standard NFC only sticker. Works a LOT better than any of the crummy third party stickers. One of my wireless chargers refused to work at all with the crummy stickers, and the other barely worked. Now both chargers work flawlessly and aren't as position sensitive.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can carefully swap the sticker from the Quick Circle case to the standard back after you remove the standard NFC only sticker. Works a LOT better than any of the crummy third party stickers. One of my wireless chargers refused to work at all with the crummy stickers, and the other barely worked. Now both chargers work flawlessly and aren't as position sensitive.
Thanx for the heads up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

S5 tap'n
Since (I thought), the Turbo is already Wireless Charger capable, do you NEED a Qi back?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

S5 tap'n
I missed this.. This is for the g3

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since (I thought), the Turbo is already Wireless Charger capable, do you NEED a Qi back?
No.. The turbo.. Is good to go.. This is for the lg g3.. Verizon chose to not enable qi charging from the factory.. And the only case available to do it is the circle case.. Yuck...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
@94lt1 - I purchased a back from eBay that is QI enabled and it works great. I also have the flip case from VZW - both work equally well ;)...

Didn't know if you were still looking...

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
@94lt1 - I purchased a back from eBay that is QI enabled and it works great. I also have the flip case from VZW - both work equally well ;)...

Didn't know if you were still looking...
Thank you.. I actually am.. :)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ordered... Hope it works better than the one I got from Amazon lol