[ROM] Factory Bionic Stock ROM ICS 4.0.4

ldubs

Reaction score
Thanks man this could come in handy someday...

sent from my icy bionic

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Welcome. I wiped my entire phone by accident . I was able to install other ROMs but could never retirve my original factory Bionic. I created this for myself and others as a helpful backup to get Factory Bionic incase of accidental deletes. :D
Monster Bionic!!!

deduct

Reaction score
Very nice. Much easier than fxz'ing 246. Thanks a lot friends

rollo69

Reaction score
Must be ROOTED!!!
If you lost or wiped your Factory Bionic...Here it is...
Out of Box Factory ICS 4.0.4 Bionic XT875 ROM...Use ONLY Safe strap 3.11...
http://db.tt/IvAlxHC1
Safe strap 3.11
http://db.tt/YM3Nl4vL
Factory Rom
If you lost your stock ROM or Wiped it here it is.
1. Download link above(Factory Zip)
2. Extract or Unzip File
3. Copy or Move Folder to your Backups....(Ex). Sdcard-Ext/TWRP/Backup.....open Backup folder and Paste
4. Boot into Recovery
5. Select Stock ROM slot (Activate)
6. Select Restore
7. Select Factory Bionic Folder
8. Flash it ( Swipe )
9. REBOOT
Whala! Out of Box Factory Bionic.Enjoy
Monster Bionic!!!

Monster Bionic!!!

I know thread is little old but have to say THANK YOU Fadtydawg for post this. Somehow my bionic get screwed up a week ago and I didn't do anything out of ordinary. Just a root stock rom bionic with a few frozen apps. Phone didn't want to get past the boot animation. Then tried wiping cache, fix permission and even did factory reset which didn't work. After the M logo only squiggly lines showed on screen. Stupid me hadnt made a ICS back up since updating end of last year.
But for those that read this I had the safestrap 3.05 ICS installed but not on. I made a backup of just the cache in safestrap rebooted and then put your files in place of the recovery I made and I'm back up and running and there is only one minor tweak to make and then reload apps with titanium backup.

Thanks Bro!!!!

zibit34

Reaction score
Wow this really saved me, thank you, very much. hehe i actually just made an account on here specifically to thank you. Great guide and thanks again :biggrin:.

OP
Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Glad to help.

Monster Bionic!!!

varxtis

Reaction score
Can I get some help? At some point I rooted my tablet and phone in order to take video-screenshots/screen-recording and to tether for wifi, only to find out tethering by rooted device violates contract and what not. I know I know, shoulda found that out first but anyway, I successfully unrooted my tab, and I want to Unroot my phone back to factory as well so there's no sign (even if you're looking for it) of root. Im not trading, or upgrading, I just want to go back to factory is all. I rooted using Razors Edge method. I tried downloading and then installing the Safestrap apk file thats linked in this thread, and that went fine... but no TWRP/Backup directory/folder on my Sdcard-ext was created, something I thought would happen with the installation of Safestrap as the directory doesn't already exist on my phone. So, I put the Factory rom folder (linked on this thread) in the "backups" folder in sdcard, shutdown, rebooted into Recovery, but got the dead droid with red exclamation mark T_T I know that putting files of the nature into folders/directories that are not the ones noted in the instruction won't get the job done just because I want them to or hope they will, but I wanted to at least try before troubling anyone. Sorry, but I really need some help. Will this thread still work even though I rooted with razors edge? if so, How? Also, Ive seen some option of "fxz"... but Im a little vague on how this works. Most of the links for fxz files are dead anyway :\

Edit:
So, I manually created a folder in TWRP named "Backup". Did the volume buttons reboot to recovery mode, got the dead droid with red exclamation mark again. Then I rebooted allowing it to go to the safestrap screen, and chose the bottome left recovery option. When in the main menu, I chose "install and located the Rom zip file. It said "update successful" and what not, rebooted... but everything is the same, except now my wallpaper is changed lol. But rootchecker, super user and rom toolbox and safestrap are all still in the apps directory.
So, I still need help lol

varxtis

Reaction score
I tried the fast boot tutorial you linked... the download links were out of date so it took me about two hrs to find (what Im hoping are) the up to date files, let alone links that were still good.
The files are as follows
The Motorola Mobile Drivers: Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.9.0_64bit
RSDLite: RSDLite5.7
And the Droid Bionic ICS 6.7.246 Fast boot file (for the FXZ file? is that right?): VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
But when I connect my phone and open RSDLite, RSDLite doesn't show my phone listed, or doesn't recognize it. Windows recognizes the phone just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Also, did you encourage me to look more into safestrap as a necesity to the fast boot proccess, to suggest how to unroot through safestrap, or to encourage me to keep my phone rooted?