Facinate and Wired headset

GaryS1953

Reaction score
My wife just got a new Facinate and loves it. One problem is that she prefers a wired headset for talking in the car. With the one she has she can hear, but the other party cannot hear her so it obviously doesn't work. Is this a problem with the Facinate, or with the headset? I've seen others mention problems with wired headsets and the Facinate. Thanks so much for any help.

Gary

fascinater

Reaction score
U need to make sure u use a headset with a mike. Also, if u have a mike make sure u have it pushed all the way in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
G

GaryS1953

Reaction score
Her headset does have a mike and worked great with her previous non-smartphone (forget the brand), but not with the Facinate. I'm pretty sure she's pushed it in as far as it will go, but will try tonight to make sure. I thought maybe there was a setting on the phone or something I needed to change to enable wired rather than bluetooth headsets, or if there were only proprietary headsets allowed.

fluidj

Reaction score
My headset does seem to work sporadically. I noticed that it takes a minute to recognize it.

OP
G

GaryS1953

Reaction score
U need to make sure u use a headset with a mike. Also, if u have a mike make sure u have it pushed all the way in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Looks looks like you were right. I tried it and really pushed it in hard and it worked fine. Thanks!

fascinater

Reaction score
Yeah, That's what happened with me....especially with a case....the edge of the plug would not go all the way in.

Glad you got it working.

Mel