1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

FaceCash Mobile Payments

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by thinkcomp, Apr 9, 2011.

1. thinkcomp

thinkcomp New Member

Hi there,

I run the company that operates the FaceCash mobile payment system. You can download FaceCash off the Android market and use it to make payments at participating merchants. (We're working on getting more on board.) The web site for FaceCash is
    http://www.facecash.com

in case you're interested in finding out more. We have a few videos up that explain how it works.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Aaron
  2. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

how secure is this application? is there anyway possible other than losing my phone that anyone can get into my data? since its being entered all on the site via the phone?

and do stores need to have an account with this system for it to work? like how exactly do they get our picture on their register?
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. thinkcomp

thinkcomp New Member

Hi,

FaceCash is far more secure than plastic cards. We encrypt all of your information in transit and on the phone. The phone never stores any bank account information, and all of the bank account number information in our database is encrypted. If you lose your phone, you won't lose any data since it's stored on the server, and no one else will be able to use your account unless they look exactly like you (which is unlikely).

You provide a picture of yourself during the sign up process which is then confirmed by cashier along with your government-issued photo ID the first time you make a purchase.

Stores do need to sign up as merchants ahead of time in order to process FaceCash transactions. We're working on getting more on board. Right now they're mostly in California.

Aaron
  4. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Ok thanks for that info, yeah i live in nj prob. will take a while to make it out here but it is a great idea for sure if it catches on that would be great, im one that has a filing cabinet as a wallet so this would be great for me.
  5. thinkcomp

thinkcomp New Member

Hi,

You can still sign up to use the app as a card consolidator so that you don't have to carry around so much in your wallet. You don't have to link a bank account either.

The more people we have signed up, the easier it is to convince merchants to adopt! (And vice-versa clearly.)

Aaron