Facebook

eightfaze

Reaction score
I recently de-activated my Facebook account using my pc. My moto Droid keeps alerting me that it can't login to FB. I've tried but can't seem to delete or de-activate it from Droid. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently de-activated my Facebook account using my pc. My moto Droid keeps alerting me that it can't login to FB. I've tried but can't seem to delete or de-activate it from Droid. Any ideas?

I don't know for sure if this will work but it's worth a shot. Go to Settings then applications then manage applications, click the "all" tab, find facebook click it then click "clear data".

OP
E

eightfaze

Reaction score
Coe & OTR thanx good ideas but I already tried those. At least that tells me I was on the right track. Tallica, good one, I was already at that menu but I didn't see the BIG tab "remove account" staring at me....that might be the trick thanx

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dumb question but, did you uninstall the FB app from your phone?

Are you rooted?

OP
E

eightfaze

Reaction score
Aw crap! Ok now I feel dumb! In settings/apps/man apps/ all/ fb the uninstall tab has always been grayed out ever since I quit on my PC. The next step was to uninstall from droid but its been grayed out. I thought it was a "resident" app that I couldn't delete......only de-activate or not use it. As is the case with amazon mp3. I don't use it but can't delete it either.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aw crap! Ok now I feel dumb! In settings/apps/man apps/ all/ fb the uninstall tab has always been grayed out ever since I quit on my PC. The next step was to uninstall from droid but its been grayed out. I thought it was a "resident" app that I couldn't delete......only de-activate or not use it. As is the case with amazon mp3. I don't use it but can't delete it either.

have you tried uninstalling from market?

Are you rooted? If so check system/app for Facebook.apk or look in data/app for com.facebook.katana-1.apk. Delete them both (if they are there) and reboot

OP
E

eightfaze

Reaction score
No but I will

OP
E

eightfaze

Reaction score
Thanx Tallica looks like "remove account" did the trick. FB stopped trying to logon. Thanx to the community for taking time to offer suggestions.