Facebook

ohhh my

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a current BB9700 user and i'm thinking of switching over to the DX. I currently love everything about my blackberry and have it setup exactly the way I want it and I use it extremely efficiently with regards to tethering, emails, texts, led notifications with different colors for different things etc.

The reason why I want to switch over to the DX is because the blackberry lacks when it comes to web browsing.

One of my concerns with the Droid is the facebook app. I have not used the app yet, but from what i've read, it's not that great.

Current users, what are your thoughts on the app? What are the downfalls of the DX facebook apps? Is there push notification?

Lith

Reaction score
Well, it's like saying the Droid X has 1 Facebook application, there's always the market to consider.

But I do not have the Droid X so I'm useless.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
The droid facebook app is the same on all droid phones I think (atleast on the D1 and D2) but anyways, the main problem with it I always hear people complain about is how certain things link you to mobile version of facebook instead of just using the app. It used to be worse, but slowly (very slowly) they're making it not link you to the mobile site. Another problem is that you really dont get notified through the app. You will see the notification if you open the app and click on notifications, but it wont alert your phone any other way for some reason.

That being said, I'm not too bothered by it as I dont really use facebook on my phone all that much (check it periodically). If you're a heavy facebook user you might have a problem with it.

SocalMike

Reaction score
the facebook app on the droid x sux bad the bb app is better i just go on the mobile web if i need to check facebook

drpaul07

Reaction score
if a facebook app can deter you from getting a certain phone, than you must use facebook a lot!!! Lol, and yeah facebook for android is pretty poor. At least compared to iphone facebook from what i hear. No one seems to like the android version very much. but it gets the job done for what i use it for.