Facebook

foxdog

Reaction score
Humm.... damn update unthemed Facebook... anyone working on a theme for it? :) id like one to match strawberry red please

kwattro

Reaction score
Your facebook issue

Humm.... damn update unthemed Facebook... anyone working on a theme for it? :) id like one to match strawberry red please

Go to Applications in settings and uninstall the update for facebook for now

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
Why would I want to do that? I couldn't use an app thats uninstalled.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score

POW!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...dated-themed-facebook-widget-ver-1-3-0-a.html

This isn't strawberry red, but better than stock white. The app is signed so if you aren't rooted it will install.

Well I don't use adb and that apk installer wouldn't install it. Its a zip so I'm not really sure how to install it

kwattro

Reaction score
fb

Why would I want to do that? I couldn't use an app thats uninstalled.

your not uninstalling the app, your uninstalling the update that caused you to lose the theme...once you do that it will go back to the themed fb....just a thought

haledroid

Reaction score

POW!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...dated-themed-facebook-widget-ver-1-3-0-a.html

This isn't strawberry red, but better than stock white. The app is signed so if you aren't rooted it will install.

Well I don't use adb and that apk installer wouldn't install it. Its a zip so I'm not really sure how to install it

droidforums will not allow us to upload .apk files. All you need to do is rename the .zip to .apk.

You downloaded Facebook.zip. Using your droid or computer to rename the file to Facebook.apk, then use apkinstaller to install.

If you have the white version of 1.3.0 installed. You need to go into settings > applications > manage applications > menu button > Filter > select all > Facebook > uninstall. Then use apkinstaller to install Facebook.apk

If you are rooted, and have sprecovery or clockwork installed I can create an update.zip install method. I think I will do that. I'll upload later tonight.

Last edited:
OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
I thought all of us were rooted lol. An update.zip would be much appreciated. Thanks

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
Well I read that Facebooks update was killing people's batteries so thay came out with another update for it. I guess I need to just pull out the themed widget from the themed version and see if I can add it to the latest version.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
So I managed to get part of most recent Facebook themed but text turned out grey, was the updated version have gray text? I forgot to look before I started theming it.